FEEDBACK mobile app??

chatterx

Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
Anyone know how to make mobile apps? perhaps one for this site will be beneficial to us on the go.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
chatterx said:
Anyone know how to make mobile apps? perhaps one for this site will be beneficial to us on the go.

That would be awesome :thumbsup: Right now most of us rely on Tapatalk which has been flaky the last couple weeks, but is currently working for now. Forum Runner is garbage compared to Tapatalk and other users attempt to use the browser on their smart phones which can be difficult.

I would even be willing to pay for this mobile app :yes:

chatterx

Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
Im trying to get in touch with a former admin on the gaming forum. He made one for it long ago.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
We're about to transition to a fully responsive design, which should render nicely on any size display. That should eliminate the need for any mobile-specific app.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So it would be a mobile version of the site? Basically detects the browser being used and redirects to the mobile version?

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Invision Power Services

this is the current prospective software packages, you can check out how their forum looks on a mobile browser vs desktop. looks great on a phone

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I have been using the stock browser or Firefox on my phones for the last 4 years. Most mobile sites annoy me as they seem to be dumbed down versions with limited usage. So I just set it to use the desktop sites. Tapatalk and forum runner have never impressed me either.

However a mobile site would be nice for the tablet. Desktop sites tend to take a while to load.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online