Mirrors moving on their own

wrecks2020

Original poster
Member
Jun 21, 2012
17
My '02 TrailBlazer LTZ has an issue with the mirrors moving up every time I recall the seat memory. Also, when I enable the curb assist feature... where the mirrors should move down so you can see the curb...they move the opposite way. WTF over?
 

strat81

Member
Dec 29, 2011
399
wrecks2020 said:
My '02 TrailBlazer LTZ has an issue with the mirrors moving up every time I recall the seat memory. Also, when I enable the curb assist feature... where the mirrors should move down so you can see the curb...they move the opposite way. WTF over?

Disconnect the battery for 15 minutes. Reconnect it. Adjust your mirrors and seat to where you want them, then push and hold the appropriate memory recall button for 3-5 seconds until you hear the confirmation beep.

That's what fixed mine when they were acting weird.
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
Or especially on a 2002, the position feedback sensors in the mirrors wear out, just like the fuel level sensor. Need to replace the mirror assembly to fix that because they don't sell just the sensors.
 

strat81

Member
Dec 29, 2011
399
the roadie said:
Or especially on a 2002, the position feedback sensors in the mirrors wear out, just like the fuel level sensor. Need to replace the mirror assembly to fix that because they don't sell just the sensors.

And if they did sell just the sensors, they'd cost almost as much as an entire mirror! :rotfl:
 

MacMan

Member
Mar 3, 2012
194
I've had the same problem with mine since it was about 2 yrs old. Circuit board in mirrors were replaced (warranty), and then entire mirror units were replaced (warranty), but dealer was unable to fix the problem.

Calls to Chevrolet resulted in "we don't know what's wrong, and are not going to do anything more".

I just shut that feature off ever since.

That, along with other warranty "problems", have me probably never buying another Government Motors car again when the TB wears out. :mad:
 

wrecks2020

Original poster
Member
Jun 21, 2012
17
MacMan said:
I've had the same problem with mine since it was about 2 yrs old. Circuit board in mirrors were replaced (warranty), and then entire mirror units were replaced (warranty), but dealer was unable to fix the problem.

Calls to Chevrolet resulted in "we don't know what's wrong, and are not going to do anything more".

I just shut that feature off ever since.

That, along with other warranty "problems", have me probably never buying another Government Motors car again when the TB wears out. :mad:

I have 3 Subarus and I've NEVER had any sort of electrical issues like this bloody Trailblazer is causing me. It drives great and is decent on fuel but this nonsense is driving me batty!
 

Sparky

Member
Dec 4, 2011
12,927
But does it have all the little gadgets that are acting up on the TB?

I like the basic stuff because it doesn't go bad. Standard power mirrors, standard manual climate control, standard manual wiper switch... All continues to work flawlessly. All these automatic things seem to be a pain in the neck and cost extra.

BTW I want to internet smack everyone who says "government motors" it ticks me off almost as bad as people putting "Big" (with the capital B of course) in front of anything they want to demonize ("Big Pharma" or "Big Oil" or whatever). Irritates me to no end.
 

MacMan

Member
Mar 3, 2012
194
Sparky said:
.....BTW I want to internet smack everyone who says "government motors" it ticks me off almost as bad as people putting "Big" (with the capital B of course) in front of anything they want to demonize ("Big Pharma" or "Big Oil" or whatever). Irritates me to no end.

Oh well....... the truth hurts sometimes.

Fact: US Govt. (ie: citizens) own GM because of B.O. They have never fully re-paid the "loan".
 

wrecks2020

Original poster
Member
Jun 21, 2012
17
Sparky said:
But does it have all the little gadgets that are acting up on the TB?

I like the basic stuff because it doesn't go bad. Standard power mirrors, standard manual climate control, standard manual wiper switch... All continues to work flawlessly. All these automatic things seem to be a pain in the neck and cost extra.

BTW I want to internet smack everyone who says "government motors" it ticks me off almost as bad as people putting "Big" (with the capital B of course) in front of anything they want to demonize ("Big Pharma" or "Big Oil" or whatever). Irritates me to no end.

It does unfortunately have all the gadgets...and they all are causing issues. Should have bought an LS?
 

MacMan

Member
Mar 3, 2012
194
wrecks2020 said:
It does unfortunately have all the gadgets...and they all are causing issues. Should have bought an LS?
Do like I did....go into the set-up menu and turn that feature off.....you'll feel better. :yes:
 

wrecks2020

Original poster
Member
Jun 21, 2012
17
MacMan said:
Do like I did....go into the set-up menu and turn that feature off.....you'll feel better. :yes:

Did turn it all off, but still having problems with the mirrors when i use the seat recall. Thinking I might wire them direct if I can figure out how...and that's probably a nightmare in gestation.
 

Matt

Member
Dec 2, 2011
4,030
Turn off the seat position recall, curb view and easy exit seat and you won't have the problems anymore.
 

wrecks2020

Original poster
Member
Jun 21, 2012
17
Matt said:
Turn off the seat position recall, curb view and easy exit seat and you won't have the problems anymore.

Did all that "mate" but it's when I use the door switch which my wife likes... as she can choose the driver 2 position
 

Matt

Member
Dec 2, 2011
4,030
wrecks2020 said:
Did all that "mate" but it's when I use the door switch which my wife likes... as she can choose the driver 2 position

Don't let her drive it...that's what I do! :yes::rotfl:
 

wrecks2020

Original poster
Member
Jun 21, 2012
17
strat81 said:
Disconnect the battery for 15 minutes. Reconnect it. Adjust your mirrors and seat to where you want them, then push and hold the appropriate memory recall button for 3-5 seconds until you hear the confirmation beep.

That's what fixed mine when they were acting weird.

This did the trick! NO MORE MIRROR problems! Thanks so much for the tip. Maybe all the others having mirror issues should take note!
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
wrecks2020 said:
This did the trick! NO MORE MIRROR problems! Thanks so much for the tip. Maybe all the others having mirror issues should take note!
Learn something every day! Never thought the mirror memory controller would have a recalibration process, but I guess it does. Thx, guys. :thumbsup:
 

wrecks2020

Original poster
Member
Jun 21, 2012
17
the roadie said:
Learn something every day! Never thought the mirror memory controller would have a recalibration process, but I guess it does. Thx, guys. :thumbsup:

This is what I get for opening my yap too soon. Now it's reverted back to the mirror moving thing on seat recall! It took about 5 cycles to bring back the old habits.
WTF, over?
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,438
Posts
639,266
Members
18,655
Latest member
Jaywebb25

Members Online