Mirror Turn Signal Lenses...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ok everybody... need some help here...

im doing the mirror turn signal mod per the article on the forum as my SS didnt come with mirror turn signals... so i need some help decided on the amber lenses or the clear lenses... naturally i want clear.. but they are too expensive for my tastes.. the amberr lens is only $18 per lens and the clear lenses are $45 a piece... so no brainer on price... but i dont think the amber will look very good on my SS.. so, im looking for pix for those that have either the clear lenses or the amber... obviously i know what the lenses look like, but im looking for them on the actual vehicle, like maybe a whole door shot or front of the vehicle shot to where you can still see the mirror..

thx for any help...

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Amber
DSC_0004.jpg

Clear
photo5.jpg

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
thx gold... so did you replace yours? like amber came with it, but you upgraded to clear? if so, do remember the prices or did you get them used?

ive been in contact with 1933trader that was recommended from here and hes going to check today or tomorrow and throw um up on ebay if he has them... so im looking forward to that...

thx for the pix..

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
I added them. I have an LS. I found it was cheaper to just buy the entire mirror assembly off of a wrecked 360, this way it gave me heated mirrors as well

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Me007gold said:
I added them. I have an LS. I found it was cheaper to just buy the entire mirror assembly off of a wrecked 360, this way it gave me heated mirrors as well

interesting thought there... only downfall for me, is i would have to paint the mirror covers as the SS' have body matching color...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Me007gold said:
They are removable:thumbsup:

ohhhh.. well drrrr.. :duh:.. now that just broadened my options there then... also just found a memeber on tbssowners that sellls the lenses.. so gonna check out his prices...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
TXBlazer said:
You may want to look into the folding mirror option....I'm not sure wht lenses they come with, but that would be an awesome upgrade!!

The power folding ones come with amber lenses. I think I saw one Ebay seller, offering them with clears, but the price was insanely high.

:undecided: of course if you want REALLY cool mirrors, paint them like Chris' :drooling: :hail: (that's on my "feeling brave" list)

Joe_Coach

Dec 17, 2011
I have an 04 envoy that came stock with the amber ones. is there a cheap/easy way to convert it to the clear or do i have to spend the $45 each

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Joe_Coach said:
I have an 04 envoy that came stock with the amber ones. is there a cheap/easy way to convert it to the clear or do i have to spend the $45 each

you will have to spend the money to get the clear lenses... which is why i made a thread and am looking to do this

silvernclean said:
I wonder what they'd look like with some vht tint on them...?

i thought the same thing.. but 2 issues... one is, it will take a lot of VHT to cover the amber.. im guessing 6-8 coats if not 10... my tails have 7 coats and you can still see a faint of red if the sunlight hits them right... and two, the trim around the mirror is the dull flat black... vht is a bit shinnier then that weather its cleared or not.. and i think it would look "off" compared to the rest of the mirror... i might of struck a deal, but im keepng it low key for now as i dont want someone else to jump on them before i can buy them :crackup:

Joe_Coach

Dec 17, 2011
Boricua SS said:
i might of struck a deal, but im keepng it low key for now as i dont want someone else to jump on them before i can buy them :crackup:

Im interested if its a group buy type thing.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Joe_Coach said:
Im interested if its a group buy type thing.

not a group buy persay... just a lack of stock.. so i wanna make sure i grab a set if possible... ill share if all goes well... i did find another member on tbssowners who sells the lenses but at cost.. so your lookin at the $45 per lens but free shipping...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online