Mirror signals - connector

stickypoop

Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
I have a set of smoked lenses coming that I'll be retrofitting into my light-less mirrors. From what I can tell, they ship with the bulb holder/male connection. I'm looking to source the female end to put on my wires for a clean installation. Anyone happen to know the type or best place to order them? Thanks!

19120868-L5-3.jpg

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I got the pins that go into the door module for wiring from amazon. As for the socket that plugs into the bulb holder, I think it would be easier to go to a junk yard and cut it from a car with it and wire it in or just buy the mirrors. Otherwise you need to know the type of connector it is, it's Delphi something I'm pretty sure. Try looking here, I'm mobile right now and it's cumbersome to navigate. Hope this helps some.

http://www.delphi.com/manufacturers/auto/connection-systems/connection-system-e-catalog

Door pins: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001RPRQPO/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii

Reactions: Blckshdw

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Aw heck, I didn't even understand your question right lol. You're wanting the connector that goes on the bulb holder right? Because I thought you were asking about the other end of the wires where they plug into the ddm/pdm

stickypoop

Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
Yep, to the bulb... for inside the door I'll likely just use scotchlok taps and tape to seal out moisture.

I'll check out that link, thanks

stickypoop

Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
If I can't find it I could go with plan B and order txblazer's LED inserts. My only concern with those is that it will be too bright at night... as in I won't be able to look into my mirror when the turn signal is on because I'll be blinded. hmm

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
FWIW I have the LED mirror signal lights from TXBlazer and they are awesome. There is no blinding glare what-so-ever when looking in the mirrors at night.

You will not be disappointed at all. There are a lot of fellas on here that have those and I'm sure they would back up my statement.

The nice thing is being able to get a little different color scheme for front and back also. Mine show Amber front and red in the rear.

I also think that it gives other drivers near you better light to let them know you are either turning or switching lanes.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
The connector is there but the wires between connector and bulb holder is not.

At least that's what I have gathered.

-Wires that I'm talking about would be built into the mirror, not the vehicle, so it's very likely that they won't be there without the factory option.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Mounce said:
The connector is there but the wires between connector and bulb holder is not.

At least that's what I have gathered.

-Wires that I'm talking about would be built into the mirror, not the vehicle, so it's very likely that they won't be there without the factory option.
Yes, you have to run the wire from the door module to the mirror. Not too bad of a job. [emoji106]

If you have a test light you can use it and slide into each pin to find the wire in the door, it's a 12+ so hook to a ground. I think the drivers side is blue.

Reactions: Mounce

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
stickypoop said:
For reference:

http://www.geocities.ws/ddubb5150/mirror.html

"The wires that will supply power to the turn signal lens are already on the Door Harness regardless of which Model the TrailBlazer is. The power wire is a Light Blue on the Driver's Side and Dark Blue on the Passanger Side. The Thick black wire is used for a Ground."
I knew it was blue on the drivers. [emoji13]

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Remembered this thread, and decided to do a little digging since I have time at work. From the couple of Delphi/AC Delco connector websites I found, I couldn't find any unsealed, 2 pin, female connectors that matched what could mate with the 194 bulb holder.

:undecided: Trying to think outside the box, the sockets that would plug into it sorta look like a Molex configuration. Found part number for the Micro-Fit 3.0 connector, 43645-0200, that looks pretty close. The configuration is right, I'm just not sure if the pins are far enough apart. It's also possible that the latch on top doesn't have the right sized hook to clip onto the bulb holder, but in the end, that might not matter.

Molex PDF.jpg

I found these listed on Mouser for $.32, although you'd have to buy the associated pins P/Ns 43030, or 45773. Those look to be about $.11 each on Mouser. I considered buying one to test with, and a pair of pins as the cost would only be $.52, but then the shipping is $4.99. :bonk: :no:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Produc...200virtualkey53810000virtualkey538-43645-0200

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Produc...051virtualkey53810000virtualkey538-43030-0051

Maybe when I need to get some other components for a new project that will stall out on itself, I'll remember this, if no one else decides to try it first.

Reactions: dmanns67

stickypoop

Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
Good find

For my situation, I ended up going with the led inserts. After seeing a few others around with the OEM bulbs I'm glad I went this route. I did use bullet connectors for when I eventually move on to another vehicle I can easily unplug (not that cutting wires isn't just as easy, haha) my smoked lenses and perhaps pass them on to another member here

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
OK, took some measurements, the Molex connector won't work, the pins in the Molex are slightly too far apart. But I did have a realization... I have a few wired, rubber, 194 sockets that I used in my headlights during my retrofit project...

Needed to pass a 2 wire circuit into the headlights and have it sealed from the elements. Didn't need to use the OEM corner sockets...

... and decided to see if they might work. They screw into the mirror lens opening perfectly.

20151111_122527.jpg

20151111_122540.jpg

Only point of concern, at least with Kool Vue mirrors, is the clearance on the mirror housing. I was too lazy to dismantle my switchback setup to actually seat them, but it looks like the top where the wires enter the socket may touch the housing and need to be bent a bit. Luckily it's rubber, and have some give to it.

20151111_124132.jpg

Here's a link to the ones I bought :coffee:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40025242492...IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649&tag=gmtnation-20

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I thought of that right after I posted it :laugh: The 90* ones would be perfect. These needed minor trimming to fit in the corners of the headlights.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online