DEAL Mirror LED Inserts

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
Here's the lowdown on The Mirror LED Inserts. I have designed and built this cool little LED insert that just slides into the Mirror Lens and a SSTL bolt holds it in place. All you have to do is remove your Lens, remove the Stock Bulb & Socket, pop the reflector insert out of the Lens, slide the LED Insert in, install the retaining screw, plug the LED's in (turn on your 4-way flashers to make sure they are plugged in correctly) replace the Lens and you're done!!

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

The LED Inserts are $50 a pair including ground shipping.

The set shown above has 18 LED's, 9 facing Front and 9 Back. Amber is the color I stock, so custom colors are not out of the question, it will just take a few days to get other colors.

Here's the set I did for Speedmaster747
IMG-20120122-00199.jpg

PM me if you have any questions. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Pygot and MAY03LT

Joe_Coach

Dec 17, 2011
Nice mod :thumbsup: Do those connectors just plug into the stock connector or do you have to do some splicing? also, do you have a line on the clear lenses? Everywhere I look they dont have them or they are insanely priced

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Those look very nice!

Free ground shipping to Canada? hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
TXBlazer said:
Here's the lowdown on The Mirror LED Inserts. I have designed and built this cool little LED insert that just slides into the Mirror Lens and a SSTL bolt holds it in place. All you have to do is remove your Lens, remove the Stock Bulb & Socket, pop the reflector insert out of the Lens, slide the LED Insert in, install the retaining screw, plug the LED's in (turn on your 4-way flashers to make sure they are plugged in correctly) replace the Lens and you're done!!

DSC_0061.jpg

The LED Inserts are $50 a pair including ground shipping.

The set shown above has 18 LED's, 9 facing Front and 9 Back. Amber is the color I stock, so custom colors are not out of the question, it will just take a few days to get other colors.

Here's the set I did for Speedmaster747
IMG-20120122-00199.jpg

PM me if you have any questions. :thumbsup:

Good job Chris! Creative thinking at its best. :thumbsup:

silverunicorn

Dec 4, 2011
Hot damn that is nice!

Bump for a great guy and QUALITY work! Chris did a set of the quad taillights for me years ago, and they still work like new!!

A reall class act! Damn, now I really need to think about these!

Chris (a different Chris)

silverunicorn

Dec 4, 2011
oooooh!!! Can you build in a sequencer to they flash from the inside out?

Did that make sense?

That would look really awesome!

Chris

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
silverunicorn said:

Did that make sense?

That would look really awesome!

Chris

I think what you mean is like moving sequence from first inside light towards the outside light-like new Mustang's rear turns. It can be done, just need to find the right manufacturer to have them done. I'll ask my supplier in China to seek out this idea, she's pretty good at finding whatever I throw at her in a day or two. I know I've got some 12" strip lights with built in sequencing but they also have 20 patterns of movement which means its more complex of a chip set and they are $20 is all. So for this idea, I'm thinking maybe $10 or less if enough is ordered to justify the cost of making them. I know also that I can get a strip light with white and amber that is like a switchback. :thumbsup:

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
This was before I painted my mirrors to match the truck...about 2 1/2 years ago. I have since Tinted the Lenses and painted the entire mirrors to match the truck. Very crappy quality, but it's all I have for now.

jham

Nov 20, 2011
wow those look really clean even with the low quality video. on a side not my pocket hate all these great things everyone comes up with

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
871a2cb4.jpg

I can't wait to install these!:wootwoot:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Those are way smoother looking than the ones I used to have. :yes:

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
Those look nice!!

Here's what I came up with way back when...

DSC01586.jpg

DSC01585.jpg

:biggrin:

Reactions: jsheahawk

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Nice! Now I really wish I had the turn signals in the mirrors. Time re-examine the how-to that's been posted.

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
Joe_Coach said:
Nice mod :thumbsup: Do those connectors just plug into the stock connector or do you have to do some splicing? also, do you have a line on the clear lenses? Everywhere I look they dont have them or they are insanely priced
They plug into the OEM connector. If you look at GM parts direct.....the smoked/clear lenses were $45 each last time I looked.

06Envoy said:
Those look very nice!
Free ground shipping to Canada? hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink...
I've shipped 2 sets to Canada........I charged $10 extra, It covered the difference in shipping.

silverunicorn said:
A sequencer would run about $100/ LED strip, That would be $400 more for a set.

CdnGMan said:
Nicely done... :thumbsup:
These all in yellow? How much extra for different colors? I'm thinking red or white... :undecided:
No charge for different colors.....I just have to get the color you want....takes 5-10 days.

I have 2 Amber and 2 White sets ready to ship!!:biggrin:

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
I have 2 sets of White LED's and 11 sets of Amber LED's, just finished them up last night!!

Pricing is $55, shipped in the US. I've shipped to Canada, that adds $10, To Europe add $30.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Nice job,I like the use of RTV(the greatest invention ever).Your price is great too,hell it cost me $40 for just the leds when I did mine.I did mine as per the Tech article at the OS and the instruction there was that the rear had to be red and the front amber to be legal,don't know if that's true or not:undecided:...Mike.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
With the OEM blinkers you see amber, front and rear.
Also the red LED's would be an odd color with the amber lenses.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Wooluf1952 said:
With the OEM blinkers you see amber, front and rear.
Also the red LED's would be an odd color with the amber lenses.

My lenses are clear...

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
northcreek said:
My lenses are clear...

In that case, as long as the red isn't visible from the front, you should be good to go.
I don't know if it's legal to see red from the side.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I think he just does the led mirrors for now might wanna ask him but dfwwiz has a good selection of leds interior/exterior. Both GREAT guys and products are EXCELLENT :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online