Might be looking to replace the Trailblazer

smitty5150

Original poster
Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,069
Yup. Been thinking about it for a while and I think the time might be close. I've decided to get a dedicated off-road rig in the spring so that I can have a more street-friendly DD. I've been looking at 2wd Silverados/Colorados and that is the direction I am thinking I will go. Don't get me wrong, I love my TB. It has been six wonderful years. My sights are set on something that is more of a cruiser but still a member of the GM Truck family; i.e. something lowered with more of the creature comfort & appearance mods, and possibly some power adders.
 

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
1,878
United States
smitty5150 said:
Yup. Been thinking about it for a while and I think the time might be close. I've decided to get a dedicated off-road rig in the spring so that I can have a more street-friendly DD. I've been looking at 2wd Silverados/Colorados and that is the direction I am thinking I will go. Don't get me wrong, I love my TB. It has been six wonderful years. My sights are set on something that is more of a cruiser but still a member of the GM Truck family; i.e. something lowered with more of the creature comfort & appearance mods, and possibly some power adders.

If you're thinking of getting a Toyota or Jaguar, I know this great site...
 

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,444

Attachments

  • toy.jpg
    toy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 8

smitty5150

Original poster
Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,069
IslandRunner said:
Dont make me get your yo-yo back out! Or is this more of a Waffle situation?:undecided:

I'm trying not to yo-yo!! And I have at least a month to waffle. Making the final payment this week and then patiently waiting for the title to arrive.
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
a 2wd silvy shortbed would be fun dropped to level with nice wheels...
 

StvsDenaliXL

Member
Nov 21, 2011
89
HARDTRAILZ said:
a 2wd silvy shortbed would be fun dropped to level with nice wheels...

:iagree:


but if you reeeally want a Toyo or Jag, then I think you might want to take Jman at his offer :raspberry::laugh:
 

Regulator

Member
Nov 20, 2011
2,496
Not much is better then having a daily driver that is paid off. Bag the Trailblazer and buy a dedicated off road rig!
 

Regulator

Member
Nov 20, 2011
2,496
jbones said:

There are not to many people around that can drag the frame and then turn around and fill the bags, swap out wheels and tires, and have a lifted truck. Just think how much you could mess with people at Carlisle. :wooot: I like the idea! I tried talking Liquid Therapy into it, but he just laughed at me.
 

BO TIE SS

Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,497
Don't lower a Colorado or Canyon until you've talked to Josh. (JosueLT) From what I remember, he didn't like the ride very much.
 

smitty5150

Original poster
Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,069
Regulator said:
There are not to many people around that can drag the frame and then turn around and fill the bags, swap out wheels and tires, and have a lifted truck. Just think how much you could mess with people at Carlisle. :wooot: I like the idea! I tried talking Liquid Therapy into it, but he just laughed at me.

I have no idea why he wouldn't take you seriously......


If I do get rid of it, it'll be for something equal value. Preferably v8 silverado, shortbed, ext cab. A solid 3/5 static drop, rims, full custom interior, some body and paint, power address, etc and call it a day. If I keep it, I really don't know what direction it will take but I do know it will be getting some major surgery as soon as I have the wheeler. Whether that's sas, bags, v8 conversion....I just don't know. I'll have to see what the fortune cookie says that week.
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
tbuckalew14 said:
If it were me...enjoy the no payments for a year or two.

Thats my 2012 plan. Enjoy the truck and no payments!
 

WHY

Member
Dec 4, 2011
22
HARDTRAILZ said:
Thats my 2012 plan. Enjoy the truck and no payments!
For under $2000 cash Yes the blue oval (escort wagon)
In town 25 to 35 on road trips 33 to 40 So needless to say the TB stays Parked unless I'm going someplace I need it, or to haul/tow something or I need the winch. Any time you go any where here it's around 100 miles or more round trip With a tb it's 13 mpg with 373's so just compute the fuel cost/savings differential. So ................... Why not some kind of a cheap used economy car for the dd and use the tb for everything else. Now if Mark would just come up with a suspension lift for it :smile: It's relly hard to stay away from going places it won't go without dragging. But on pavement it's fine.
 

fishsticks

Member
Nov 21, 2011
433
smitty5150 said:
I have no idea why he wouldn't take you seriously......


If I do get rid of it, it'll be for something equal value. Preferably v8 silverado, shortbed, ext cab. A solid 3/5 static drop, rims, full custom interior, some body and paint, power address, etc and call it a day. If I keep it, I really don't know what direction it will take but I do know it will be getting some major surgery as soon as I have the wheeler. Whether that's sas, bags, v8 conversion....I just don't know. I'll have to see what the fortune cookie says that week.


If you're getting a wheeler I would drop the TB to get some MPGs back.

I considered doing just that except a lot of my mods are "permanent". I may go Expo with the TB instead. So many awesome Expo style builds on ORTB.
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,388
Posts
638,719
Members
18,596
Latest member
david herman

Members Online