Midnight's Build Thread - Black 06 TB 5.3V8 4x4

DDonnie

Original poster
Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631
Bone stock the day I brought her home

View attachment 26991

5k HID install
View attachment 26992

Interior AV and dash work

[video=youtube_share;_2QO_ZTNdTw]http://youtu.be/_2QO_ZTNdTw[/video]

Next up is going to be blacking out the chevy logos. After that will be a tune and a hunter brush guard. I may paint the grill, but i havent decided yet. I might just plastidip it to see how i like it. After the tune and the guard, i will be getting marks 3" lift as long as my insurance company will still give me coverage. From there, I'm not sure. Any ideas are welcome.
 

Attachments

  • 2013-03-06 22.14.14.jpg
    2013-03-06 22.14.14.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 28
  • 2013-03-10 17.36.27.jpg
    2013-03-10 17.36.27.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 27

DDonnie

Original poster
Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631
groundshock said:
Ditch the chrome grille bar, bro. Blech.

How did you paint yours?
 

groundshock

Member
Dec 4, 2011
248
Scuff the piss out of it with a red or green scotchbrite. NO shiny can remain. Then hit with a nice coat of self-etching primer. Scuff that with red scotchbrite. Then lay down 3-4 coats of color and 3-4 coats of clear. Wetsand and buff if desired/needed.

Afternoon project, cheap.
 

DDonnie

Original poster
Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631
Today i did quad beams, blacked out the front logo, did some more interior work. Also did the res delete but no pictures because i dont have a tip on it yet...

View attachment 27148

[video=youtube;v4nmny726kk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4nmny726kk[/video]
 

Attachments

  • 2013-03-30 15.52.26.jpg
    2013-03-30 15.52.26.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 27

DDonnie

Original poster
Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631
Ok, so, smoked mirror turn signals or orange mirror turn signals? What's a good accent color for a black tb? I need some ideas people!
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
Smoked all the way! :yes:

But yeah deff black out that cross bar! It will look much nicer all flowing with each other

you need ideas? what kind of look are you going for?
 

DDonnie

Original poster
Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631
ItsOnVoy said:
Smoked all the way! :yes:

But yeah deff black out that cross bar! It will look much nicer all flowing with each other

you need ideas? what kind of look are you going for?

I like the way the blacked out crossbar looks, but i dont want the bowtie to be the same color. I was thinking of maybe doing red on the bowtie and red for the honeycomb.
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
DDonnie said:
I like the way the blacked out crossbar looks, but i dont want the bowtie to be the same color. I was thinking of maybe doing red on the bowtie and red for the honeycomb.

that is up to you, I feel like the red would stick out like a shore thumb you know. What you can do is tape like a little bit around the black bowtie and leave some chrome there and black the rest, so when you remove the tape you have the chrome show the bowtie cut out.

Just like how this car has it

View attachment 27571
 

Attachments

  • 39178264048_large.jpg
    39178264048_large.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 28

TexazReece

Member
Dec 4, 2011
1,341
I think the red would look cool ( depending on type of red ) on all bowties + blacked out crossbar and with your clear turn signal mirrors having them flash red ( led modded ).

Itsonvoy is that your equinox and did you mod the factory wheels? From the pic the wheels look like there's some white on some of the spokes. Not much of a fan of the equinox but that one looks nice.
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
TexazReece said:
I think the red would look cool ( depending on type of red ) on all bowties + blacked out crossbar and with your clear turn signal mirrors having them flash red ( led modded ).

Itsonvoy is that your equinox and did you mod the factory wheels? From the pic the wheels look like there's some white on some of the spokes. Not much of a fan of the equinox but that one looks nice.

Oh no that's not mine. I just got a google image to give him an idea of what I was talking about. But yeah I thought for a equinox it looked good! its well modded
 

DDonnie

Original poster
Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631
TexazReece said:
I think the red would look cool ( depending on type of red ) on all bowties + blacked out crossbar and with your clear turn signal mirrors having them flash red ( led modded ).

Itsonvoy is that your equinox and did you mod the factory wheels? From the pic the wheels look like there's some white on some of the spokes. Not much of a fan of the equinox but that one looks nice.

I thought about that, but it is unfortunately illegal to have any red lights visible from the front of the vehicle.
 

TexazReece

Member
Dec 4, 2011
1,341
Maybe just having the lights in mirrors flash red they won't show any red until your ready to turn. Kind of like on the tahoe/burbans. Would be cool to have red in the headlights just for a mean look lol
 

DDonnie

Original poster
Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631
TexazReece said:
Maybe just having the lights in mirrors flash red they won't show any red until your ready to turn. Kind of like on the tahoe/burbans. Would be cool to have red in the headlights just for a mean look lol

Eh, i guess worst case scenario i get a a R and R. The cops around here aren't too bad.


Here is what i did today

[video=youtube;J0izFUUV-Qo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0izFUUV-Qo&feature=youtu.be[/video]
 

DDonnie

Original poster
Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631

Attachments

  • 2013-05-05 14.10.08.jpg
    2013-05-05 14.10.08.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 2013-05-16 01.04.25.jpg
    2013-05-16 01.04.25.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 2013-05-13 23.51.40.jpg
    2013-05-13 23.51.40.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 19

DDonnie

Original poster
Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631
Razorback said:
Looks great, how does those heat ducts come out to paint them.

If you are talking about the part i painted black, the dash bezel has to come off and the stereo has to come out. There are 2 nuts, 1 on each side, that have to be removed. Then it should slide out. For the one in the passengers side, there is a panel that is visible when you open the passenger door, take the panel off and there is one nut holding the vent shroud on. Remove it and it will slide out. As far as the grates, those just pop out.
 

DDonnie

Original poster
Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631

Attachments

  • Socket diagram.JPG
    Socket diagram.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 17

xtitan1

Member
Jun 5, 2013
467
Looking cool so far bro. There's gotta be some sort of random grommet or trim on eBay that you could put around that slot for the tablet, just to make it look extra pro.
 

DDonnie

Original poster
Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631
xtitan1 said:
Looking cool so far bro. There's gotta be some sort of random grommet or trim on eBay that you could put around that slot for the tablet, just to make it look extra pro.

Haha, thanks. I actually switch dash's back to a stock one so the tablet is semi permanent. Looks way better
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,483
Posts
639,847
Members
18,716
Latest member
sloftin

Members Online