Michigan winter meet???

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
1. jham (Jeff and family) can make any of the dates talked about
2. SSwannabe (Dave ) and SS member (Allen) again 21st or 22nd ... 22nd preferably "sorry guys no bounce house this time" :sadcry: lol
3. Busterbrown (Chris maybe with Family); Friday the 20th would be a better date for me.
4. Envoy4Life (Luke) Any day that weekend
5. Heepish (Eli and family); Preferably the 20th or 21st
6. 2004LS (Jay and +1); Fri 20th, or Sat 21st
7. TB2k4: it's a possibility, won't know about my exact schedule until closer so right now all the days are the same preference.

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
Where do you guys want to meet up?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I am a maybe, Not sure what work looks like and school either! Will know closer to the time :smile:

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
2. SSwannabe (Dave ) and SS member (Allen) again 21st or 22nd ... 22nd preferably "sorry guys no bounce house this time" :sadcry: lol
3. Busterbrown (Chris maybe with Family); Friday the 20th would be a better date for me.
7. TB2k4: it's a possibility, won't know about my exact schedule until closer so right now all the days are the same preference.
8. ItsOnVoy; Maybe, Will know closer to the time

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
I say we should grab a bite to eat before the show! :yes:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Envoy4Life said:
Where do you guys want to meet up?

Is Great Lakes Crossing a pretty central spot?

I'd like to make this one, for once...lol. Im in Harrison Township and would be willing to travel ~45 minutes or so.

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
MichEnvoyGuy said:
Is Great Lakes Crossing a pretty central spot?

I'd like to make this one, for once...lol. Im in Harrison Township and would be willing to travel ~45 minutes or so.

probably the best suggestion- a very smart location with lots of space, choices for eating, and easy access- followed by a quick cruise down I-75. :thumbsup: :twocents:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
TB2k4 said:
probably the best suggestion- a very smart location with lots of space, choices for eating, and easy access- followed by a quick cruise down I-75. :thumbsup: :twocents:

:lightbulb:

Sometimes I have some good ones! :biggrin:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
jham said:
Does great lakes crossing have a parking garage?

Not that I know of - Im pretty sure all of the parking is open...BUT its a huge lot with hilly/rural background for some awesome pic taking opportunities! (and Ill bring my EOS 1000D!) :thumbsup:

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
So is it decided? Great Lakes Crossing it is?

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Awesome!!

Now I dont want any judgement made of me or my truck; my Envoy is nearly bone stock aside from a GM bug shield, tinted windows, and vent visors. Oh yeah, and my "Four Winns" vinyl graphic on my back window :biggrin:

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
MichEnvoyGuy said:
Awesome!!

Now I dont want any judgement made of me or my truck; my Envoy is nearly bone stock aside from a GM bug shield, tinted windows, and vent visors. Oh yeah, and my "Four Winns" vinyl graphic on my back window :biggrin:

well all of us were bone stock at one time :thumbsup:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
jham said:
well all of us were bone stock at one time :thumbsup:

Ha! Yeah but Ive had my 'Voy since 2004 :lipsrsealed: Im just not real big on mods... Well, back in 2005/2006 I installed an OEM Navigation head unit. Thats about the extent of how far I'd go :biggrin:

I would like to one day cut off my factory fart can resonator and straight pipe it out the side. Does that count as a mod? lol

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
Great Lakes Crossing sounds like a great place to me too! Count me in for Mall Crawling :rotfl:
Plenty of space to park, walk, and they have a Bass Pro shop :wootwoot:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Heepish said:
Great Lakes Crossing sounds like a great place to me too! Count me in for Mall Crawling :rotfl:

Um hello, what about that awesome chinese food place in the food court?!?! :biggrin: :biggrin:

And when I die, my vision of heaven is a Bass Pro Shop...lol.

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
MichEnvoyGuy said:
Um hello, what about that awesome chinese food place in the food court?!?! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I've always been a fan of Sbarro and Great Steak & Potato Co... come to think of it, there are so many good places in there for food...Is Johnny Rockets still in there, by chance? In the years of the place being open, I've never set foot inside of the Rainforest Cafe.

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
I would say yes. But let's have a plan incase of inclement weather.
So are we doing the 20th or 21st?

It's up to you guys!

MichEnvoyGuy said:
Awesome!!

I need to worry. I'll be driving the Malibu instead of the Envoy. :lipsrsealed:

Heepish said:

:thumbsup:

MichEnvoyGuy said:

Mmmm... food and fishing...

Heepish said:
I've always been a fan of Sbarro and Great Steak & Potato Co... come to think of it, there are so many good places in there for food...Is Johnny Rockets still in there, by chance? In the years of the place being open, I've never set foot inside of the Rainforest Cafe.

Food is good no matter what. :biggrin:

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
Envoy4Life said:
Food is good no matter what. :biggrin:

Agreed :biggrin:

As to the day, either the 20th or 21st is fine by me! Depending on the time, I'd suggest the 20th- it may be less crouded then.

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
Heepish said:
Agreed :biggrin:

As to the day, either the 20th or 21st is fine by me! Depending on the time, I'd suggest the 20th- it may be less crouded then.

I don't think I can do the 20th. If we can do the 21st in the morning, that would be optimal.

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
Envoy4Life said:
I don't think I can do the 20th. If we can do the 21st in the morning, that would be optimal.

Morning sounds like a great idea! Is there any possibility of having a tailgating party in the lot somewhere? :undecided: :celebrate:

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Heepish said:
Morning sounds like a great idea! Is there any possibility of having a tailgating party in the lot somewhere? :undecided: :celebrate:

I don't think morning will work for everyone my drive time is around 3 hours

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
I don't think morning will work for everyone my drive time is around 3 hours

Crap...sorry man, I forgot some people would have to commute farther than others :frown:

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
I'd still prefer Friday the 20th. The Saturday crowd on the 2nd to last day of the show really doesn't do it for me.
But I'm just one vote, concensus rules... I'm in either way.:thumbsup:

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
2004LS said:
I'd still prefer Friday the 20th. The Saturday crowd on the 2nd to last day of the show really doesn't do it for me.
But I'm just one vote, concensus rules... I'm in either way.:thumbsup:

I think I would prefer the 20th also
Chris said the 20th as well
I am pretty sure I can get another one from our last meet. Ronnie Even though he's a Tahoe guy now

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
My vote is Friday. I'd be walking the fine line with child abuse if we went on Saturday. :whistle: Ask my wife! :dielaugh:

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
I'd also prefer Friday, if we do decide to meet up at the Auto Show. We always get prime parking in the Millinder Center, since mom works at the Renaissance Center. 34 years at GM and counting :wootwoot:

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
2004LS said:
8. ItsOnVoy; Maybe, Will know closer to the time

so the 20th it is. I would say to meet at Great lakes crossing at 12pm. Then go to the show

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
so the 20th it is. I would say to meet at Great lakes crossing at 12pm. Then go to the show

So we would be doing both? I wouldn't be able to rendevous with the rest of you at Great Lakes, but we would still be going to the auto show. Friday still sounds good to me, but I need to tell my buddy to take the day off, if possible. It would be me, the folks, and possibly that one friend of mine.

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Heepish said:
So we would be doing both? I wouldn't be able to rendevous with the rest of you at Great Lakes, but we would still be going to the auto show. Friday still sounds good to me, but I need to tell my buddy to take the day off, if possible. It would be me, the folks, and possibly that one friend of mine.

I assumed everyone wanted to meet up for lunch at Great Lakes Crossing. Am I wrong?

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
I assumed everyone wanted to meet up for lunch at Great Lakes Crossing. Am I wrong?

I'd have to wait for the old man to get back from work, which could be anywhere from 11:30-2:30ish; unless he ends up not wanting to go to the auto show (he never really gives us a straight answer until we're telling him we're getting ready to go), in which case the rest of us should be able to make it out to Great Lakes Crossing for lunch.

And to be honest, I thought they were each individual ideas for meets...:confused:

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
If we did do the 20th, it'd have to be around 3 PM for me. What about the weekend before? It'd be cool to do it on the 15th.

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Envoy4Life said:
If we did do the 20th, it'd have to be around 3 PM for me. What about the weekend before? It'd be cool to do it on the 15th.

3pm meet at the show then we all have dinner after

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
The earlier the better for me. 12 would be better than 3pm.

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
3pm meet at the show then we all have dinner after

If we can do 4 PM, that would be awesome. I can make that for sure.

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
Also, are you guys going to buy your tickets online?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online