Mark MC Lift for XL/EXT GMT's; 2.5" or 3"?

DenaliHD66

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I am trying to decide which kit to go with, apparently both the 2.5" and 3" kits work with Bilstein HD shocks/struts, so that now leaves me to debate if I want the 3" kit now. I want to fit 265/70/17 with OEM tires so I'll need spacers as well. Just wondering what you guys think would work out better for us GMT370 guys. I personally think it might look kinda goofy with a lift on it, whereas the short wheelbase trucks look good with the lifts on them.

Here's my intention: If I decide to lift the truck at all, I want to get a rear locker, 265/70/17 tires, lift kit, spacers, and upgrade to 4.10 gears from 3.42. Just not sure if I'm going to be satisfied with the upgrades or just save my money towards a new truck...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
What's your mission with a lfit? Be ready for deeper snow in the winter, or aggressive rock crawling and offroading. That will dictate your choice of tread and tires as well. To be looking at spending $1000-1500 for a re-gearing project, that I haven't even found the need to justify, sounds odd. I lose ground clearance and traction, even on 40 degree + sandstone slopes, before I run out of torque with 3.72 gears in 4LO.

For a milder mission, get the smaller lift that reuses the OEM top mounts. You only break them if you're banging on it hard.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online