MAP Sensor P0106

rgoldberg

Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
04, 4.2L...New Magnaflow Cat...cleaned throttle body when I replaced the CAT...

Getting an intermittent P0106, it doesnt light up the Check Engine Light, i know because it kills cruise control and I watched it yesterday on Torque where the MAP pressure completely rest while i was driving and simultaneously killed the cruise control.

I verified that with the ignition on and engine not running the sensor shows 100kpa(~15psi) at 5-4.8v which is correct, but at idle (660rpm) it reads 36kpa (5psi) at 1.37v when it should be 12kpa (1.7psi). If I short the 5v to the signal it reads 104kpa (15.08psi) which is correct.

I've done wiggle test of the harness...i've check grounds...not sure the next step...

also I made these readings with 2 sensors! I will say the a/c delco I got from amazon looks used...

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did you check actual vacuum? Might have a leak. If you're getting the same results using both MAP sensors, I'd rule that out.

Reactions: Tiggerr

rgoldberg

Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
What if I told you that I'm simply a idiot?
I couldn't find a vacuum leak, and all my wiring check out, so I pulled the TB on Saturday to inspect it.

Seems after cleaning this thing probably a couple dozen times in the past 8 years that the last time I cleaned it, 2 weeks ago, I decided I'd loosen the butterfly valve so I could get the TB cleaner!!! Well I didn't quite put the butterfly valve back in the right spot and it was getting stuck.

I reset it properly, made sure it moved freely, and no more P0106 MAP code.

Lesson learned.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online