MAP during different Throttle Positions

jbacklund

Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Hey,

Just got HP Tuners last week and started to just do some scans when I'm out driving to see whats going on with the stock tune.

I was just wondering what MAP readings you have at different throttle positions or if there's a table or something with approximate pressures. It feels like my MAP readings is too high in relationship to the throttle opening.

Currently I'm reading 32-36 kpa (4.5-52 psi) at idle, at around 25% throttle I get 50 kpa (7.3 psi), 30% I'll get 70 kpa (10 psi) and at 50% I'll almost hit atmospheric pressure 97 kpa (14 psi).

I don't have any possibility to cross check the values with another I6, but is it possible to measure the feedback to the PCM to see if it's within limits?

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
jbacklund said:
Hey,

Just got HP Tuners last week and started to just do some scans when I'm out driving to see whats going on with the stock tune.

I was just wondering what MAP readings you have at different throttle positions or if there's a table or something with approximate pressures. It feels like my MAP readings is too high in relationship to the throttle opening.

Currently I'm reading 32-36 kpa (4.5-52 psi) at idle, at around 25% throttle I get 50 kpa (7.3 psi), 30% I'll get 70 kpa (10 psi) and at 50% I'll almost hit atmospheric pressure 97 kpa (14 psi).

I don't have any possibility to cross check the values with another I6, but is it possible to measure the feedback to the PCM to see if it's within limits?

The PCM actually does it's own rationality checks between the MAP and TPS to make sure it's not faulted. Your numbers don't sound especially out of the ordinary. No codes, no problem. Also, keep in mind that the truck is drive-by-wire. The PCM will open the throttle more or less than what your right foot demands.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online