LS / LT Headlights?

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I'm asking this mostly just for curiosity, I don't think I'm doing any headlight upgrades in my truck. But I was just wondering, has anyone ever made some kind of plastic insert you can snap into the gap in LS/SS headlights, so they will look right in an LT? Seems like that could be a pretty simple solution to the LT lenses costing 3x as much as the LS. And the problem of all of the custom aftermarket lenses all having the LS hole in them.

I know in the past, some people have said they switched to an LS grilled, or that they got an LS grilled and modified it to kind of DIY some inserts. But thats not really what I'm thinking here.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This was covered in a thread started by you 8 years ago :wink:
And it's also in the FAQs

Reactions: Blckshdw

jerflash

Aug 12, 2020
NYC
just get these and thank me later. The LT front end looks sooooooo much better than the LS...

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Thats an interesting option, although the giant running light bar looks aweful. But the rest looks ok. I wish I didn't already have a new, unused, $300 set of LT lenses sitting in boxes next to me :/

jerflash

Aug 12, 2020
NYC
send them back...

The daytime running lights look pretty cool at night and the low beam is a projector housing. Comes with bulbs too. I'm also running their back lights but you need the correct flasher for the led lights to work

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I've had them for years and I already modded them for retrofit projectors.

Those aftermarket lights, how do the DRLs work? Normal factory lights use low voltage highs for the DRLs don't they? How do they separate that out to a second set of lights?

jerflash

Aug 12, 2020
NYC
the led bar is powered by the parking light circut so they are on when then those are on. The DRL is run at 1/2 voltage on the low beam with our lights using a solid state relay that flickers them on and off super fast.

I moded my low beam circut under the rear driver seat to never turn on the DRLs. For one those bulbs burn out super fast that way, second im using LED low beams in the projector housing and you cant use them with drls. Super wasy to do.

I also used a diode mod in the fuse box under the hood so the low beams and fog lights saty on when the high beams are on.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonu

Members Online