Looking for a brake control wiring harness

GregT

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
So I need to install my brake controller in my 2008 tahoe. Been looking for a wiring harness for it but cant seam to find one for my year. I hope this dosen't mean I need to splice. I can do that just easier to plug and play. :smile:

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
GregT said:
So I need to install my brake controller in my 2008 tahoe. Been looking for a wiring harness for it but cant seam to find one for my year. I hope this dosen't mean I need to splice. I can do that just easier to plug and play. :smile:

I am not sure on the Tahoe but check around because there may be factory wiring for a brake controller. Most vehicles GM makes that can tow have the wiring already there just waiting for you to get the equipment to wake it all up... I am sure someone on here will know all about it for a Tahoe.

Actually for an EDIT, I just found this link, check it out! :thumbsup: :wootwoot:

http://www.eworldz.com/truck/gmt900.pdf

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I'd certainly go look up near the driver's left foot where the wiring "should" be coiled up. Just see if it's cut off, or has a connector. If it's bare wire ends, you know not to bother looking for a pre-made harness. :wink:

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
And in case u didn't re-read my post I added a link showing that the plug is no longer there on 07 and up but the wires are still there blunt cut and taped together... Good pics and all on that PDF.

GregT

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
McGMT said:
And in case u didn't re-read my post I added a link showing that the plug is no longer there on 07 and up but the wires are still there blunt cut and taped together... Good pics and all on that PDF.

Thanks I see what I need to do now. Thanks for helping me awesome information in there. :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls