Locksmith

Locksmith

Original poster
Nov 19, 2017
Columbia,SC
Hey Ladies and Gentlemen! Sorry I never introduced myself, still computer illiterate and trying to learn my navigation around all this great info! My name is Cliff 58 years old and I'm a recovering GMHolic! I am a commercial locksmith for the Department of Mental Health in SC! You gotta be nuts to work here! My background was automotive until the 80's, when GM told us that we need tail sniffers, an $80,000 investment in a machine? They also told us you ain't gonna fuss with your idle, carb, timing, and that the second cell from the positive terminal is the first to go bad on a sealed battery, but the engineers can't figure out why! I was a glazier for 6 years, NYPD cop for 20, built M240 machine guns at FN Manufacturing, and certified as a locksmith since 2005. I survived 9/11, and Flight 587 and retired to SC! I have never had to replace so many parts on a vehicle, as I had to, on this 2003 Envoy XL 4.2 that I bought for $850 this year and sunk over 2 grand on! EVERYTHING WORKS on my Envoy!

Shaw520

Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
Why take the easy way out right ?,....welcome to site.

Reactions: Locksmith

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
You may also have to be nuts to own an Envoy or be on this site. Welcome, you are in good company. :biggrin:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Welcome. :tiphat:

Locksmith

Original poster
Nov 19, 2017
Columbia,SC
Thanks All! Have a Merry Christmas!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome! You're already a member and very active participant. The more the merrier!

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
tiphat.gif
tiphat.gif
Welcome
tiphat.gif

In case you haven't heard:
http://gmtnation.com...eres-the-story/

Locksmith

Original poster
Nov 19, 2017
Columbia,SC
Glad to be here! BTW the Envoy runs great! Shifts like a Turbohydramatic 350 and quieter with better mpg due to the fan clutch change. The only thing is I miss my horn beep when I lock the doors with the remote, due to the disabled VATS system :-(

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My VATS is disabled. Still get the beep when I push the lock button twice. If I don't get the beep, it means a door or hatch isn't closed properly.

Locksmith

Original poster
Nov 19, 2017
Columbia,SC
My VATS is disabled. Still get the beep when I push the lock button twice. If I don't get the beep, it means a door or hatch isn't closed properly.
I was wrong! It does beep, my hearing is failing :-DDD

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online