Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: mrrsm and Dr.Fiero

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Disposable Lithium? Not sure how true of a statement that is. But looks interesting.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My security cameras use this type of battery, Originally came with the Energizer brand but they are expensive. Rechargeable and alkaline won't cut it. If these turn out good, I may transition from alkaline to these lithium in the majority of my stuff. Nothing worse than having dead remote batteries :mad:

Posted here for the benefit of site revenue from the referral fee.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
No doubt.. The remotes for my living room Roku seems to eat batteries, but the one in my kitchen is on the original set..

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Since getting my own *Blink* Security System and ...obtaining the *Disposable* Lithium Batteries with an Extended Life instead of having to use an External Power Supply or Standard Batteries that DIE before their time... THESE ARE Pretty Durable and very appropriate for THIS Application. However... after watching THIS Video... I've got to come up with a safer way of disposing them once they DIE besides just tossing them into the Trash:

...and again ...from around 00:10:24 into THIS Video:

This Document from Stanford University is a Good Reference for the major safety concerns involving all Alkali Metals and the suggested methods for keeping them safe or when handling them:

Last edited:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I have since switched to these rechargeable lithiums. The EBL disposable died after a couple of months. These have actually been pretty good and being rechargeable will pay for themselves in the long run.

And here's another video on the destruction of lithium.

• Love
Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online