List of items to fix P0128 code:

Envoy10

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
CE light came on, the code I got back was P0128, so can someone tell me if I have everything needed to fix the problem.

Thermostat- Buy Stant Thermostat, 190 Degrees Fahrenheit 14659 at Advance Auto Parts
Coolant Temp Sensor- Buy BWD Coolant Temperature Sensor WT5122 at Advance Auto Parts
Coolant
I'd like to replace the serpentine belt while Im at it. Cant seem to find the right one though, any help?

Also,how much time would this job require if I sent it to a shop so I know what kind of labor rate Im looking at? I tried replacing my t-stat couple yrs ago but one of the bolts were too rusted so I never did, thinking I dont want/need the headache right now.

harveyfam2001

Aug 24, 2012
Envoy10 said:
CE light came on, the code I got back was P0128, so can someone tell me if I have everything needed to fix the problem.

Thermostat- Buy Stant Thermostat, 190 Degrees Fahrenheit 14659 at Advance Auto Parts
Coolant Temp Sensor- Buy BWD Coolant Temperature Sensor WT5122 at Advance Auto Parts
Coolant
I'd like to replace the serpentine belt while Im at it. Cant seem to find the right one though, any help?

Also,how much time would this job require if I sent it to a shop so I know what kind of labor rate Im looking at? I tried replacing my t-stat couple yrs ago but one of the bolts were too rusted so I never did, thinking I dont want/need the headache right now.

Serpentine Belt http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_poly-rib&174;-belt-dayco-poly-rib_3290153-p?searchTerm=belt

That should work for you. I'm taking mine to a shop for the same thing. Mine isn't throwing a code but it is reading 1-2 marks above 210.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Envoy10 said:
Also,how much time would this job require if I sent it to a shop so I know what kind of labor rate Im looking at?.

Varies depending on where you go. Go get some estimates. Its gonna be at least 2 hours labor which will be at least $240 at a dealer. The coolant needs to be replaced so that takes some time.

Overall, your looking at about $75 for those three parts if you get them at the zone or advance. Since your paying that much might as well go with AC Delco tstat and temp sensor. The belt is Dayco. Also, dont overlook checking the water pump. Check and change the idler and tensioner as well. They are Dayco as well. All parts are available at advanceauto.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
Remember that the long wheel based trucks get the short belt and short wheel based trucks get the long belt. Just thought I would mention that.

Right and if i remember correctly thats due to the smaller diameter power steering pump pulley on the lwb models.

Hey Tami. Aren't you supposed to be working on your truck right now? We want progress on that thing. No more sofa coaching for you today. :wink:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
CaptainXL said:
Right and if i remember correctly thats due to the smaller diameter power steering pump pulley on the lwb models.

Hey Tami. Aren't you supposed to be working on your truck right now? We want progress on that thing. No more sofa coaching for you today. :wink:

Lol im sicker than a dog today. My butt isnt moving from this couch until I get some dayquil. And I thought it was the alternator size? Oh well either way the belt on the lwb is the short one :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online