Light Bar

schedebaby

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Hey guys, just wanted show you guys a roof rack my cousin told me about on ebay, for about $100. the item number on ebay is 270895323066 . go ahead and search for it and tell me what you think, I ordered one, it will have yellow bulbs.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
thanks for the info man. Just a little FYI, we already have an ebay thread where all the applicable ebay specials we find should be posted to.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Looks a bit flimsy, since it's not really a light bar, but a plastic housing of unspecified thickness that mounts to the roof with 3M adhesive. Let us know how it conforms to your roofline and stays on in heat and cold. Light pattern is also a question, as is whether they wiggle while moving along. It wouldn't work on my roof because a sunroof wouldn't allow it much attachment space. Wind noise could be another issue, since it's so hard to take on and off. What is it? $100 shipped? I think we'll need your report before concluding anything. Good luck! :thumbsup:

View attachment 18004

View attachment 18005

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 7

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Seems like it is a cheap stick-on hood vent style mod, but maybe it can be strengthened and be usable...

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
If you have to buy all the parts, I'm not sure you can build a quality light bar for much under $100 but we aren't sure that one is quality either.
I bought an 8ft stalk of 1 inch alum tube and it was $30 so about $15 for a 4ft piece of tube.
You'll have at least another $25 in wire, switches, hardware etc.
That leaves about $60 for lights.
I'm a tightwad so I could likely find some lights for $15 each :smile: but I'm unsure how great they would be.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
These are nice but they do not look mean and off-road ready like the custom ones I see on here. It is hard to argue with a $72 price tag, but I definitely want to know other people's opinions before spending that much money on one thing, not just parts.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online