Liftgate/Rear Hatch Mechanism Part Number or Source?

GS_Geoff

Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Hey All,

I am looking to replace my rear hatch actuator, or liftgate actuator... or whatever you want to call it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It also rarely locks. I have tried searching Rockauto, Autoanything, eBay, and GMPartsdirect, but I can't find a definite replacement part. I found something on GMPD, but it had no pictures and no part number. It was also over $200, which is a bit expensive to take a gamble on IMO.

Has anybody found a new replacement or does anyone have a part number for this piece?

Thanks!

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Your probably spot on with the quote. I got quoted several hundred for the actuator and a new latch.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Have you looked inside and cleaned off rust and corrosion and relubricated it? Many owners report good results doing that first. Since it's a GM only part, you will find the best internet pricing at parts4chevys.com. There are others that charge pure wholesale for the parts trying to win your business, then they make all their profit on extra markups on shipping and handling. Don't be fooled. Check the total as-shipped price on anything.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Usually, anything electrical from Dorman is poop but I think that may be more with anything electronic. Maybe their electrical stuff is OK. But then their encoder motors are junk.

Feel like being a guinea pig?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online