Liftgate height

towdriver

Original poster
Oct 20, 2012
Does anyone know if the lift gate can be made to lift higher by just putting longer struts on. My van lifts higher then the wife's trailblazer. She doesn't mind how high it lifts but at 6'2" my head is starting to mind and I don't use the tb enough to remember till its to late.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
towdriver said:
Does anyone know if the lift gate can be made to lift higher by just putting longer struts on. My van lifts higher then the wife's trailblazer. She doesn't mind how high it lifts but at 6'2" my head is starting to mind and I don't use the tb enough to remember till its to late.

Maybe take off the existing struts and see if it can go up higher without binding on something, then buy longer struts based on the extra lenght needed. Might not work tho because the distance isn't increased when closed so a longer strut may not fit. You'd have to research a lil more. Sounds like a good idea tho, I've hit my head on there a couple times...

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Not sure but I think the plastic 3rd brake light cover may interfere with gaining more range. Why not lift the truck.

towdriver

Original poster
Oct 20, 2012
Yeah lifting the truck has been brought up by the wife a few times. I'm having running issues with the engine too. Once I get it running and replace the fan hub ($500) then in the summer it might be getting lifted as my brother in-law has some bigger mud tires I can have.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Are you paying somebody $500 to change the fan clutch? Could be done in half a day (admittedly it can be a frustrating project) for under $200.

towdriver

Original poster
Oct 20, 2012
No not paying anyone to change the fan hub. $500 is just for the hub. Oh then there is tax on that too. I have only been able to find it through the dealer here. I'm sure I could order it off the net from some where and have it shipped to me but I like picking up the parts my self as then I can see I'm getting and make sure they aren't damaged.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online