lift

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Hey I got a Q I looked around to see if there was a bigger lift I can do for my truck I have a 2.5 smaxx now but I need more clearance my 33s are rubbing a little when I back up any suggestions?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
We need a little more information than what you have provided so far. Since you are posting in the GMT 360 section I hope that is what you have. If you fill out your vehicle profile it will help us a little more.

You say you are running 33" tires with a 2.5 SMaxx lift. Are you running a heavier spring? Are you running wheel spacers? If so how thick? What tire are you running? Where are you rubbing?

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Sorry new to the site trying to setup my profile but for now I have 2007 trailblazer ls bilstein struts 88soon springs 2.5 smaxx spacers, smaxx swaybar links, 1.5 wheel spacers, rear is smaxx spacers, tahoe springs, bds shocks, smaxx sway links, 33" bfg a/t's stock rims. My passanger side tire rubs on my fender when im reverseing a certain direction and its the inner tire only started doing it for the past few months but I do wanna get either a larger size lift or a body lift what do ya think?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Check alignment first, especially if it didn't rub until recently. If the lower control arm is pushed back, you will rub at the rear of the tire. And caster will be out of spec.

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
i checked it out and turned out it was rubbing on the bottom edge of the bumper stupid 1/4 piece of plastic (it was no match for my cutters) :thumbsup: btw i was looking for some info about the body kits out there didnt find much, any help from you guys? alls i need to know it if high voltage is selling them now and what mods comes with a body lift like brake lines ,pan hard bar ,:undecided:shocks anything needed to be extended? but i deff, wanna go bigger!

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Surprised the the bumper didnt rub from the start. Sounds like you are running the setup an old member of the old site sold off last year. Going bigger is never frowned upon. Check Jeff info in the vendor section. He is still selling body lifts, but jeeps to order in quantities of 5 for his parts suppliers. Only things needed, and included, are the block/bolts, bumper relocation, radiator brackets, steering extension, and spare tire relocation.

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Nice thanks! How intense is the install on the body lift? Im sure with a jack and sme tools its done! Ooo and I really like the steel bumpers you guys got I went to a local fab dude he wawanted $1300.00 for a custom bumper insane! Where do you guys buy your from?

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
For bumpers and other armor, check mdb fabrication in the vendor section. Another great member providing great products.

Body lift is a pretty straight forward install. You're semi local....I wouldnt mind helping out if you decide to purchase. I have installed a couple and know my way around a tb pretty well.

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Lol deal! Where ya from? I installed my lift and everything but never missed with a body lift kinda nervous but deff going to get the kit thou

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
If you are really serious about offroad then you should check out the sister site for more in depth information.

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Well ill be honest im just starting out in the off roading world has anyone tried the trails in stokes state forest?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Body lift is simple except for notching bumper in front and frame in rear. Just get an MDB Fab front bumper and that will make it simple. The rear frame is more scary than difficult. The rest is simple bolt on. I did mine by myself in about 7 hours.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online