NEED HELP Lift suspension details

corky

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Portland OR
So currently i have an 03 trailblazer with one of mark mc last 3" lift kits but im still running my original shocks which have gone tits up, i e been looking thru the forums for new rear shocks to work with ot and ive seen the suggestions shocks but what im wondering is when i look up these shocks do i need to know what model and year vehicle specific that i need, hate to order some shock just by the numer and not have it fit and as i only pull a trailer and dont want it to sag to much any suggestions on which shock that wont rattle my wifes brains but not let the truck sag to much, thanks for any help.Screenshot_20240304-130347~2.png

Jul 24, 2012
In theory the shocks keep the truck from bouncing up and down, they dampen the up/down movement. They don't hold the back end up. The springs do. You can sometimes see an old GMT360 bouncing front and back as it slows/comes to a stop (or experience it yourself, like I have). The shocks/struts are shot in those cases, and the bounce from the springs is not dampened and the vehicle bounces along.

In theory if your trailer is well balanced, and the hitch height is correct-ish, you shouldn't get too much squat.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaywebb25

Members Online