leveling kit and tires?

blackout51

Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
I don't plan on doing this until after I figure out the rough idle I'm dealing with currently but I'm trying to plan ahead, I know I want a leveling kit and I'm looking at the 2.5" with some wheel spacers then I want to get some good a/t tires, nothing that's too loud on the highway but still is fairly capable offroad and in bad weather, I keep looking at the general grabber a/t 2's and didn't know anyone else's experience so any thoughts or ideas are appreciated. also I want to be able to put to rest any concerns about leveling it and that putting strain on other suspension parts and breaking them, I really don't know a ton about what I'm getting into, I'm pretty new to the offroad world since I've only had mustangs before this but decided I wanted something practical

also just as a side note, my brother challenged me to see who's truck was more offroad capable, my 05 tb 4x4 or his 99 Dakota 4x4 (v6). I know I have way more advantages but feel like the thing most limiting me is the ground clearance so that's where this leveling comes in as well, also we will both be using a/t tires not m/t or anything crazy.

ZOOMDWEEBEE

Apr 4, 2012
blackout51 said:
I don't plan on doing this until after I figure out the rough idle I'm dealing with currently but I'm trying to plan ahead, I know I want a leveling kit and I'm looking at the 2.5" with some wheel spacers then I want to get some good a/t tires, nothing that's too loud on the highway but still is fairly capable offroad and in bad weather, I keep looking at the general grabber a/t 2's and didn't know anyone else's experience so any thoughts or ideas are appreciated. also I want to be able to put to rest any concerns about leveling it and that putting strain on other suspension parts and breaking them, I really don't know a ton about what I'm getting into, I'm pretty new to the offroad world since I've only had mustangs before this but decided I wanted something practical

also just as a side note, my brother challenged me to see who's truck was more offroad capable, my 05 tb 4x4 or his 99 Dakota 4x4 (v6). I know I have way more advantages but feel like the thing most limiting me is the ground clearance so that's where this leveling comes in as well, also we will both be using a/t tires not m/t or anything crazy.

Chevy/GMC Leveling Suspension Lift Kit :: THE LIFT MEISTER good guy to work with ... also a vendor on this site.. as plenty of downloads on how to do it as well as pic's of people on this site who use his stuff.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online