left 12 volt power socket

LBB

Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
On Saturday I was using a Light Bar on my vehicle that draws about 9 Amps and I had it in the left socket plugged in. I also had my GPS in there and for the first time I blow the fuse for this socket. Nice that they all have extra fuses.

Later on my drive back, I got the check engine light and I wanted to check it with my reader, but I didn't get any connection. I found a spare fuse and fixed this one.
What systems run over this one fuse and how many amps can I draw from the three different 12 sockets in my TB?

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
LBB said:
On Saturday I was using a Light Bar on my vehicle that draws about 9 Amps and I had it in the left socket plugged in. I also had my GPS in there and for the first time I blow the fuse for this socket. Nice that they all have extra fuses.

Later on my drive back, I got the check engine light and I wanted to check it with my reader, but I didn't get any connection. I found a spare fuse and fixed this one.
What systems run over this one fuse and how many amps can I draw from the three different 12 sockets in my TB?

There are two circuits for the outlets. One circuit contains the left socket and the data link connector (DLC) under the dash (which is why your scanner would not function either when this fuse blew). The other circuit is the right outlet and the outlet on the back of the center console. Those are the only systems on these circuits and each is fused for 20 amps.

LBB

Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Thanks, so I have enough power I can draw.
Might be the weather or so, or a spike.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175