LED Tail lights

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
When you have a burned out bulb, you're using half the power, so the flasher blinks twice as fast (basically as a burned out bulb warning, the old style thermal flashers wouldn't even blink, or would blink extremely slowly). Since LEDs use so much less power than standard bulbs, the flasher treats them as burned out and flashes rapidly. The load resistors simulate a standard bulb so the power draw equals that of standard bulbs, preventing the "burned out bulb" hyperflash.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Where was I when this thread started lol! :mad: I got the same ones as Boe tie SS. Those are the best for me :yes:! Some leds burned out though and was looking ugly! Took them to a local shop here to open them up and install new leds :biggrin: Yeh i'm a sucker when it comes to soldering and leds.

I'll pick up them up today and post up some pix of them in action :wootwoot:

Here's an earlier pic but lights off

bc83f4ef.jpg

9f670dc5.jpg

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
06Envoy said:
What about a set like these?
I've been looking for a set as well for the wifey's TB. These are what we've settled on so far.
Stock looking, but with LED's. :thumbsup:

[EBAY]220934251395[/EBAY]

Those r the ones I'm looking @ :thumbsup: I just might try and shabbas mod with painting the tails but mine will be white

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
trailblazer075 said:
There is the europeen rear light:

I don't like....the price for a new one in france is 254 euros....this is the reason i by a pair of US rear light for 80 USD...:rotfl:

What we're asking is can you get a set that both of the bottom lenses are clear? But that sounds like way to much $$$$ for those tails.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
trailblazer075 said:
I have not understood the question.Excuse me my English is not perfect.
But the bulbs are white and the bottom of the body light

Yes, both bottom bulbs/lenses white/clear, not red on the left light.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Those lenses aren't nice looking at all, they remind me of something out of the 80s...

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:
Those lenses aren't nice looking at all, they remind me of something out of the 80s...

Here's a little better pic. If I got them I would lightly tint them so the color would show through. Both lights would have to be like the left light on this truck.

View attachment 18530

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 130

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I am not a big fan of how those look!

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
ItsOnVoy said:
I am not a big fan of how those look!

But you can't argue with the fact that they look different.

trailblazer075 said:
Original of mine is like this pictures but inverse the rear frog is on the left And back light is on right

That is really good information to know.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
BO TIE SS said:
Oh, didn't you hear? I'm bringing the 'Hoe again this year. :raspberry:

Okay, J/K. But I'm going to install a special alarm system to my tails! :rotfl:

So, my tails are IPCW.

Before tinting

bch1.jpg

After tinting

IMG_2852.jpg

TT3.jpg

Yeah, these have BY FAR been the best aftermarket LED Tails i've seen. Curious though, did you have to put your own load resistors in or were they already built in so pretty much plug n play?

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I'm pretty sure they come with the resistor mine did. I forgot about this thread will post some pics of my led tails tomorrow

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
BINGA said:
Curious though, did you have to put your own load resistors in or were they already built in so pretty much plug n play?
These are completely plug n play. :thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Since I acquired a set of these LED taillights at the last meet we held,

[EBAY]220854762457[/EBAY]

I was wondering if anyone had done the quad tail mod for them... :undecided:
If so, how complicated was it?

You can't. The lower portion does not have the circuitry required to do 4 "dim" bulbs for running lights. Unless you're referring to quad brake/turn, then yeah, you can do that.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Since I acquired a set of these LED taillights at the last meet we held,

[EBAY]220854762457[/EBAY]

I was wondering if anyone had done the quad tail mod for them... :undecided:
If so, how complicated was it?

Those are prob the nicest aftermarket stocking looking lights!! Wish the Envoy has something stock looking taillight with LED's in it like that.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Sparky said:
You can't. The lower portion does not have the circuitry required to do 4 "dim" bulbs for running lights. Unless you're referring to quad brake/turn, then yeah, you can do that.

Ok, so the quad brake / turn is what I'm after then. Is it a "simple" job or is it more involving?

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online