LED and TBSS vendor from tbssowners...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
with the permission of Kevin (dfwwiz on tbssowners), im sharing his website here...he sells LED's, skid plates for us SS folks, rear bumper plates, etc...

check him out... i just ordered my switchbacks from him.. $20 bux for the pair!!!! cheapest by far that ive found... im all about helping other members, especially ones that contribute to a community.. hopefully noone minds that i posted this here to help spread the word..

Wix.com LEDS created by dfwizleds based on auto-repair-express!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Woulda been nice if he would have asked me to use my Switchbacks video first
spank.gif

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Blckshdw said:
Woulda been nice if he would have asked me to use my Switchbacks video first :nono:

funny you mention that... i told him that in the paypal note and on his thread... i knew it was your truck/video right away...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: I wonder how he can offer them so cheap. As far as I can tell, he's got the equivalent to Autolumination's 60-60 stealth switchbacks (right down to the description off their page :ugh:) Maybe I can get a discount on some door sills (if he makes non SS ones)

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i am definetly not complaining!! :crackup:

i jumped all over that once i saw the site... i wish i could afford the door sills right now...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:eek: Come to think of it, one of the guys at the Orlando meet we went to had his sills... I'm still impressed by those. Well hopefully he makes some good bank on the LEDs, so the price on those sills can come down some
wish.gif

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
so thats where he got them from... i remember him.. the black SS with Baer Brakes.. or Brembo.. cant remember the brand.. but super expensive :crackup: he had the red US Speedo Gauges too

Meltdown211

Dec 4, 2011
I purchased the interior LEDs and the license plate LEDs AFTER I bought the piece of s&it ebay stuff. These are extremely bright and dont flicker at all!! I have to say I was extremely happy with his stuff. And yes its much cheaper than the "big brand" stuff. I think they are exactly the same thing!

Kevins SS is an Imperial Blue, not black. I ordered a set of those sill plates so ill report on the quality when I recieve them next week!

There is another guy who is selling the sill plate also on TBSSowners but his are even more expensive. Kevin and that guy worked together in the past but they split but still use the same vendor for the sill and bumper plate.

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Hey Guys,
I didn't remember that I actually registered as a member on here some time ago. So first of all let me introduce myself and give ya a little background on myself. I retired from my regular job 14 months ago after 24 years of contracting so I would have time to have more fun and "be there" for my son who is now a senior in high school and plays basketball. I ran the booster club concession stand for the school and will continue to do it even after he graduates- its a blast and the kids all know who I am partially because of my TBSS.
A friend of mine suggested I get a site up and has been doing the construction of the website for me once I found out that others were just as interested in lights as he and I was. I didn't have the time to do it so if the switchbacks video is of someone's TB, I didn't know about it, my apologies. As for my prices, I started this back in Nov with the buying and selling of Cree flashlights from Ebay. Then I researched more on them, especially the Cree technology. Cree is a company in N Carolina that developed a microcircuitry last May that boosts power 13 1/2 times that of normal light but at a lesser power consumption. Then about Christmas time I noticed Cree was now growing into auto lights. I began communicating with some major vendors and finally found a whole sellers international site and ordered from a few. Well now I have one major buyer in China that I work pretty exclusive with, email back and forth with her every day and get great prices by buying $700-850 worth of product at a time. I've invested at least $3000 of my own money into this. My goal was to have these bulbs, after trying dozens of them out and weeding the good from the mediocre, then make them available at a great price to members on the TBSS forum and also FaceBook TBSS. Its not about me personally making alot of $ on this but to have lights that people want and at a good if not better price the most all others sell for. I do this at my home along with fabricating chrome mesh grills-(hand cut)-bumper plates, door sills and other mods. I have a degree in Draft & Design so it goes to say I do know what I'm doing...most of the time. :crazy: And as time goes on I will make adjustments which improves prices and deals; the money I make goes right back into buying more. So with that being said, I hope I can make this work for everyone who is interested. I'm expecting my shipment of 300 bulbs on Monday which includes the Cree 3157 amber and also red, some superflux 168/194 very white bright bulbs and smaller 168/194's in red, amber and white. I probably have over 20 variations in just that size light alone now. So bear with me as I grow and expand the site.
Thanks
Kev

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Great prices on switchbacks and spider lights!!! Do you have SRCK spider lights?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
DFWWIZ, as someone who has just a casual interest in LEDs and custom lighting, I got a couple of questions.

I see you've got a few 194 bulb options available. Do you have any plans to come up with a 194 switchback bulb? :undecided: The ones I have now, are the only ones available on the market (that I know of), but I'd like to get brighter ones if any are out there.

For your door sills, do (can) you make any that are non SS? You've got a much bigger market to tap into on this site :yes:

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Short Bus said:
Great prices on switchbacks and spider lights!!! Do you have SRCK spider lights?

The spiders I have do have the resistance built in. They can come both ways tho. I will have the 3157 CREE tails in red and front in amber with resistance built into the circuit. Next oder I will be getting the switchback Cree (white/amber). I'm taking baby steps for right now because of some vendors not know the difference between T20 and T25 (7440 and 3156/3157) so I'm stuck with a bunch of 7440. 3156/3157 will fit a 7440 socket but not vice versa so I have over 100 or the 7440 in white and the red versions and little market for them other than Hondas. And they aren't cheap bulbs so money is tied up that I would have spent on bulbs people want. Part of the learning curve..:yes:

Feb 16, 2012
DFWWIZ said:
...so I have over 100 or the 7440 in white and the red versions and little market for them other than Hondas. And they aren't cheap bulbs so money is tied up that I would have spent on bulbs people want. Part of the learning curve..:yes:

There's always fleaBay!

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Blckshdw said:
DFWWIZ, as someone who has just a casual interest in LEDs and custom lighting, I got a couple of questions.

I see you've got a few 194 bulb options available. Do you have any plans to come up with a 194 switchback bulb? :undecided: The ones I have now, are the only ones available on the market (that I know of), but I'd like to get brighter ones if any are out there.

For your door sills, do (can) you make any that are non SS? You've got a much bigger market to tap into on this site :yes:

The 194 is not in switchback in the Cree, that I know of. I'm fairly certain it is in the works and will however be on top of that to be sure and get them as soon as Windy (vendor in China) lets me know she can get them for me. I use email & my video email back and forth with her everyday with links to bulbs and she researches factories to see if she can get them.
As for the door sills, I can get them done with out the SS in them, but on that note doing just one or two won't cut it. I order them from my friend in CA who is a machinist and he fits them into his tight schedule to cut to specs. I do the finishing here in TX whether its polishing, powdercoating or a combination. Its alot of money to tie up into when you have minimum order of 10 sets, just like the light bulbs-300 minimum. I have close to $4000 spent on inventory now between sills, light bulbs and flashlights just in the last couple months. Right now I have 10 sets of the billet door sills to finish up and get out and one stainless lighted set for a person who paid up front for it. Being that I am only one person handling all ends of this, means I am time poor. So bear with me. :wink:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: I wonder how he can offer them so che:twocents:ap. As far as I can tell, he's got the equivalent to Autolumination's 60-60 stealth switchbacks (right down to the description off their page :ugh:) Maybe I can get a discount on some door sills (if he makes non SS ones)

He should offer that to you at least :twocents: Mark me down for the non-SS sills

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
im putting in an order for the spider led's, any time frame as to when you'll start taking orders for mesh grills and non-ss door sills powder coated & illuminated

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
TexazReece said:
im putting in an order for the spider led's, any time frame as to when you'll start taking orders for mesh grills and non-ss door sills powder coated & illuminated

Hopefully I will when things settle down a little bit. Right now I have close to $3500 tied up in billet SS sills that need to be finished for people who have paid a deposit. Then lighted stainless sills for people who have put up a deposit. And several paid orders on lights to ship but can't- still waiting for my large shipment to come in. And I'm doing this all on my own with no help. So I hope you understand it may be a month or more.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
DFWWIZ said:
Hopefully I will when things settle down a little bit. Right now I have close to $3500 tied up in billet SS sills that need to be finished for people who have paid a deposit. Then lighted stainless sills for people who have put up a deposit. And several paid orders on lights to ship but can't- still waiting for my large shipment to come in. And I'm doing this all on my own with no help. So I hope you understand it may be a month or more.

kool just pm me or I'll be checking your website...I have no prob with deposit :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timmerk

Members Online