Kris' Painted Side Mirror Covers/Caps

Jovo

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
To all of GMT-NATION AND MORE!!!

For those who are not familiar with my new user name, I am Jovo224 from Trailvoy, member since 2004.

Painted Side Mirror Covers/Caps

Side mirror covers/caps will be painted to match vehicle specific color. (PM me if having trouble finding out your color code)
They WILL NOT be painted or clear coated using an Aerosol can like you may have seen before. This is done professionally at an auto body shop.

Covers/caps will need to be completely removed from side mirror. You can still utilize your side mirrors fully even if covers are removed.
Turn-around is roughly 2-3 days.

Pricing: $70 + Shipping/Return
We accept Money Order, Cashier's Check, Cash (if you want to put cash in an envelope and put them in the box with the covers), Personal Check (must wait till the check clears before we can ship them back) and Paypal (add 3% to cover Paypal fees).
Here are some pictures of my recently completed covers:
photo4-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

Any questions, feel free to PM me!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Is the finished product smooth? Like on my 03 which has the unpainted caps, they have a rough/textured finish (I guess you'd call it a finish), what do you do with that?

Joe_Coach

Dec 17, 2011
Could you also get a set of the smoked lenses? I've been looking everywhere and cant find them

Jovo

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Joe_Coach said:
Could you also get a set of the smoked lenses? I've been looking everywhere and cant find them

Here are the part numbers:
Mirror Lens Clear RH 19120869 Clear turn signal lens for right mirror. Socket and bulb included.
Mirror Lens Clear LH 19120868 Clear turn signal lens for left mirror. Socket and bulb included

PM Sent

dk318is

May 6, 2014
I would prefer to do it myself but it's difficult to get paint shipped here. I'm looking at other options.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Sorry did not see you were in Haiti. I am sure you could contact Automotive Touchup and see if they will ship to you. Do you have any local automotive stores that sells paint or maybe even a body shop? Body shops can usually match your paint color for you.

dk318is

May 6, 2014
Sad state for cars and trucks here. Most are driven until they die, dents are not fixed much less repainted. When mirrors hit that's called a "Haitian Kiss" I'm installing power folding mirrors and wanted to paint them to match the car.

Reactions: dmanns67

dk318is

May 6, 2014
It turns out Automotive Touchup can only ship by ground. Have not heard anything about this service so guess it's not available. Need to get creative.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I thought they would be able to help. What about a local dealership? I know they at least sell touchup paint. You may not be able to spray it on, but you could brush it on. Not sure how that would turn out :undecided:

dk318is

May 6, 2014
Yeah I'm not sure about brushing it on. Not there YET. I went to the local Chevy dealer parts department and asked for Dexron 3 and I got a blank stare. I talked to a few more people and final someone brought out a bottle of ATF but it was only approved for imports. I'm not sure what they use for a Chevy transmission fluid change.

BTW I'm not complaining, I enjoy working on the TB but it's just more of a challenge here. I eventually get it done.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher