"knocking" my head...

BVEN

Original poster
Nov 22, 2014
I've been trying to tackle this knocking noise for a while now. Others have touched on this topic with no final outcome, the topic seems to get put on the backburner.
I have had a knock, the same knock that if you clog the crankcase ventilation hose, dissipates after a minute.
I haven't thrown any codes, however I am wanting to resolve this issue prior to it causing major problems.
I have attached a copy of my OBD2 readings when the TB was up to temp.

So far I have attempted the following...

Camshaft Position Solenoid
O2 sensors
Fuel Filter
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Spark Plugs
Air Filter
Belt and Tensioner
Evap Purge Valve
Vapor Vent Solenoid
Gas Cap
Cleaned Throttle body (removed)

I do not claim to be knowledgeable on this, I am learning as I go, so be easy on me.
I've attached my obd2 readings if that should help. Ill take anything I can get and greatly appreciate everyone's time.

Attachments

• 2002obd2_Page_1.jpg
    2002obd2_Page_1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 2002obd2_Page_2.jpg
    2002obd2_Page_2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 2002obd2_Page_3.jpg
    2002obd2_Page_3.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2002obd2_Page_4.jpg
    2002obd2_Page_4.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 16
  • 2002obd2_Page_5.jpg
    2002obd2_Page_5.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 16

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This is one of those mystery noises that nobody has been able to fix or pinpoint or report what the fix was if it did ever get fixed.

Where does it seem to come from? Front, back, middle of the engine? Have you tried running it with the belt removed temporarily?

It could be something or it could be nothing. We don't know.

Reactions: djthumper

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
How many miles on the vehicle? What is the maintenance record? How long has this been going on ? When was the last oil change? What did the oil look like? Any idea of the area the knock is coming from?

Reactions: Mounce

BVEN

Original poster
Nov 22, 2014
The noise seems to be coming from the middle of the engine, and yes I already ran it briefly with the belt off.
It has 117xxx miles, fluids changed regularly, oil change 400 miles ago (two weeks), oil taken out shows no red flags. (No Spurs and normal consistency)

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Oh boy. I've noticed a little tick/knock myself maybe about 4 days ago. I'm also going to look into removing the belt and covering the vent I've heard people do to check.hope fully it guess away with the belt removal so I can chase it done to a pully or something simple.

Anybody know how many bolts or nuts hold done the muffler heat sheild? I put a washer on 1 to hold it up but noticed another was pushed throw aswell. This jus might be the tick/knock I'm hearing. I haven't done any kind of inspection to see where it's coming from just yet.

Mike w

Jun 24, 2014
xavierny25 said:
Oh boy. I've noticed a little tick/knock myself maybe about 4 days ago. I'm also going to look into removing the belt and covering the vent I've heard people do to check.hope fully it guess away with the belt removal so I can chase it done to a pully or something simple.

Anybody know how many bolts or nuts hold done the muffler heat sheild? I put a washer on 1 to hold it up but noticed another was pushed throw aswell. This jus might be the tick/knock I'm hearing. I haven't done any kind of inspection to see where it's coming from just yet.
There is 4 bolts on the heat shield http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/gm4AAOSwgkRVU8y9/$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F.

Reactions: xavierny25

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online