Keyless Fob ?

adum12

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Hey guys bought some key fobs off ebay for my 2002 trail blazer LTZ. They showed up in the mail. I tried to program them to my truck. Truck enters programming mode hold the lock and unlock on fob at the same time for 15 seconds as instructed. Fobs wont program. I thought i have seen that the 15008008,15008009, and 15051014 fobs are interchangable? Only difference being the 08 has a #1 on back the 09 has a #2 on back and the 14 has nothing on back. The fobs I recieved are the 08,09 ones. Dealer said the P/N for my truck is 15051014. What key fobs are you using on your trail blazers? And have you any suggestions.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
My dealer lost one of my fobs way back when, the 2 I use now are a 15008008 with a #1 on the back using as driver1, and a 15051014 with no number on the back using as Driver2. Not sure which is the original and which is the replacement but they all work. My guess is they gave me the 14.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
This procedure (which is what I used) says it can take up to 30 seconds. Did your doors lock and unlock? This signifies that the truck learned the remote. The remote in my pocket is an 08. Not sure what the one at home is.

From: 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Free Keyless Remote Fob Entry programming instructions, procedures for all automotive vehicles

1. Close all doors

2. Insert key into ignition

3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's door panel, continue to hold down
until instructed to release in step 9.

4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in a fairly rapid succession.

5. Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine.)

6. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.

7. Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine.)

8. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.

9. Release the power UNLOCK button on the door panel. The vehicle should respond by
door locks locking and unlocking automatically. (If locks do not cycle after you let go,
not before you let go of the unlock button, then the vehicle has not entered programming
mode and you must start procedure over. Remove key from ignition, open drivers door
and return to step 1 ). If the locks do cycle automatically then proceed to step 10.

10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote until the doors lock and
unlock. This may take up to 30 seconds.

11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional remote. (Including any existing remotes).

12. Turn the ignition to the ON position to exit the programming mode.

13. Test remote(s).

adum12

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
i got my remotes from the seller yourkeylessremote When going through the program process holding unlock on door key on key off key on key off horn chirp and locks cycle. holding lock and unlock on fob doesnt matte how long i hold the buttons door locks do not cycle.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Maybe the batteries are dead in the remotes. Some auto parts stores have a tester that you point your remote at and hit a button. If it detects a signal, your remote is obviously putting out a signal, meaning the battery is good. May be something to check. (Or even pop the back off and check the battery with a meter if you have one.)

AbsoluteZero

Nov 21, 2011
My ebay remote was used but using the same steps quoted by C-Ya it worked fine. Steps 5 & & are a little tricky. I had to start over if I cycled the switch to the point it bumped the starter.
As far as dead batteries, the ebay auction shows them to be "new". $16.xx is pretty cheap for 2 new remotes. Wonder if your issue has anything to do with their county of origin! My 03 Envoy's remotes are the 08/09 vintage.

sonicsk8

May 8, 2013
adum12 said:
Hey guys bought some key fobs off ebay for my 2002 trail blazer LTZ. They showed up in the mail. I tried to program them to my truck. Truck enters programming mode hold the lock and unlock on fob at the same time for 15 seconds as instructed. Fobs wont program. I thought i have seen that the 15008008,15008009, and 15051014 fobs are interchangable? Only difference being the 08 has a #1 on back the 09 has a #2 on back and the 14 has nothing on back. The fobs I recieved are the 08,09 ones. Dealer said the P/N for my truck is 15051014. What key fobs are you using on your trail blazers? And have you any suggestions.

I purchased a 15051014 remote with FCC ID MYT3X6898B from eKeyfobs.com. They included free programming instructions and were super helpful. They explained to me that the numbers on the back of the remote (#1 or #2) don't actually matter. Whatever order you program the remotes in will make them the #1 or #2 remote.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online