Key fob and alarm ?

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
The previous owner installed an aftermarket alarm on my 03 tb. I'm pretty unsatisfied about the key fob remote I have two and neither one works correctly.
So if I bought this set what would need to be done to use the OEM key fob ? I forgot the name of the current alarm it locks and unlocks fine but I have to be 5 feet or closer to lock or unlock unless a slam the fob on a hard surface than it half assed works at 10 through maybe 15 feet. I'm tired of paying $6 for battery's only to find them dead in two weeks!
Oh I might as well mention the tailgate will not lock unless I use the front door buttons. I have tooken the tailgate apart and it is just a real pita to try to solve my guess is not enough voltage from the alarm module to engage the tailgate lock ?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OA0KH4/?tag=gmtnation-20

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Just buy two gm fobs and program them. Yourkeylessremote.com has the set for about $20. You can then deactivate the alarm or not. But before you do this you would have to see if the vehicle came with remotes. Not sure how to check for that.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
CaptainXL said:
Just buy two gm fobs and program them. Yourkeylessremote.com has the set for about $20. You can then deactivate the alarm or not. But before you do this you would have to see if the vehicle came with remotes. Not sure how to check for that.

Im down but, im not sure either.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Ghost said:
Im down but, im not sure either.

If you have a keyhole on the passenger side then you dont have factory keyless entry.

Otherwise get the remotes and you can program them.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
CaptainXL said:
If you have a keyhole on the passenger side then you dont have factory keyless entry.

Otherwise get the remotes and you can program them.

Awman yup keyhole on the passenger door bummer. Ah well thanks for the help bro

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Ghost said:
Awman yup keyhole on the passenger door bummer. Ah well thanks for the help bro

Not so fast. You still might be able to do it. Check out this tsb.

2003 Trailblazer: keyless entry..entry system..the liftgate module is - JustAnswer

Recommendation/Instructions:

It is possible to add RKE to a certified factory built vehicle. However, in doing so, the dealer/customer also assumes total responsibility for all costs associated with this add-on. To add this feature, it may be necessary to replace the LGM and will require the addition of key fobs the customer is requesting to have programmed. Once all the parts are obtained, it will be necessary to REPROGRAM the LGM and REPROGRAM the BCM with the calibration designed for keyless entry. These calibrations typically exist in TIS2WEB for each vehicle. If the calibration is not in TIS2WEB for the vin in question, it will be necessary to contact Techline for a VCI number or a change to this vehicles calibration files so this feature can be added. If a VCI number cannot be provided for the LGM in the customers vehicle, a replacement LGM will be required. Be sure the LGM is ordered with RPO AU0 Keyless Entry.Programming Procedures...Read more:*2003 Trailblazer: keyless entry..entry system..the liftgate module is - JustAnswer*http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/0ur...system-the-liftgate-module.html#ixzz2E9C44EF3

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
CaptainXL said:
Not so fast. You still might be able to do it. Check out this tsb.

2003 Trailblazer: keyless entry..entry system..the liftgate module is - JustAnswer

Recommendation/Instructions:

It is possible to add RKE to a certified factory built vehicle. However, in doing so, the dealer/customer also assumes total responsibility for all costs associated with this add-on. To add this feature, it may be necessary to replace the LGM and will require the addition of key fobs the customer is requesting to have programmed. Once all the parts are obtained, it will be necessary to REPROGRAM the LGM and REPROGRAM the BCM with the calibration designed for keyless entry. These calibrations typically exist in TIS2WEB for each vehicle. If the calibration is not in TIS2WEB for the vin in question, it will be necessary to contact Techline for a VCI number or a change to this vehicles calibration files so this feature can be added. If a VCI number cannot be provided for the LGM in the customers vehicle, a replacement LGM will be required. Be sure the LGM is ordered with RPO AU0 Keyless Entry.Programming Procedures...Read more:*2003 Trailblazer: keyless entry..entry system..the liftgate module is - JustAnswer*http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/0ur...system-the-liftgate-module.html#ixzz2E9C44EF3

Im sorry but that there makes no dogarn sense !! Lol

Only reason i asked about a oem key fob is maybe who ever wire the damn alarm system used 30gauge wire thus from the dash to the tailgate is a serious voltage drop which i would assume isn't enough to engage the solinoid in the tailgate locking system ?
I think the key fob range has to do with my keys being in my.pocket for 12hr a day and maybe the buttons are being.pressed

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online