I've been a bad voymom...

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
It's not what you think....:raspberry:

I have been so busy with this wedding and planning that I have neglected the forum, and the Envoy as well. Poor thing hasn't seen a good wash in about a month, both interior and exterior. We have been needing to put the floaty thing in since Kyle sent it to us in the mail. And it's just sitting on the counter staring at us....one of these days I'm going to forget about the sender being bad, and run out of gas, somewhere in the boonies. Hubby did give Phantom a bath and partial wax last week after work, but it rained before I got up and out of bed, and failed to notice. I then took the truck through some water puddles, and the dirt road not knowing hubby gave it a bath just hours earlier. I felt horrible. I have to fix some of the VHT on the headlights as it's chipping, and I probably won't get to that before October either. I need brakes, rotors, sway bar end links(all 4), and I think the CV axles too. I will also need new tires before winter i'm guessing too. All of this costs money, along with the wedding. I'm betting my honeymoon will be spent in the driveway making all of these repairs with the Hubby. Little by little, as long as we get it done I'll be happy. But for now, my poor little Phantom has taken the back burner. I think this weekend I will spend some one on one time with the Envoy, and give it a little TLC.

I have been on here late at night going through all the new posts, posting here and there during off time. I can't wait for this planning stuff to be done, so I can finally come back and join in on the forum antics like I used to. But for now Hubby will have to keep me up on the news, and posts, and happenings on the forum, as he gets to frequent it a bit more than I can right now.

I just wanted to stop by, make a post, and let GMTNATION know, that I have not forgotten about all of you! :smile:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Voymom said:
It's not what you think....:raspberry:

I have been so busy with this wedding and planning that I have neglected the forum, and the Envoy as well. Poor thing hasn't seen a good wash in about a month, both interior and exterior. We have been needing to put the floaty thing in since Kyle sent it to us in the mail. And it's just sitting on the counter staring at us....one of these days I'm going to forget about the sender being bad, and run out of gas, somewhere in the boonies. Hubby did give Phantom a bath and partial wax last week after work, but it rained before I got up and out of bed, and failed to notice. I then took the truck through some water puddles, and the dirt road not knowing hubby gave it a bath just hours earlier. I felt horrible. I have to fix some of the VHT on the headlights as it's chipping, and I probably won't get to that before October either. I need brakes, rotors, sway bar end links(all 4), and I think the CV axles too. I will also need new tires before winter i'm guessing too. All of this costs money, along with the wedding. I'm betting my honeymoon will be spent in the driveway making all of these repairs with the Hubby. Little by little, as long as we get it done I'll be happy. But for now, my poor little Phantom has taken the back burner. I think this weekend I will spend some one on one time with the Envoy, and give it a little TLC.

I have been on here late at night going through all the new posts, posting here and there during off time. I can't wait for this planning stuff to be done, so I can finally come back and join in on the forum antics like I used to. But for now Hubby will have to keep me up on the news, and posts, and happenings on the forum, as he gets to frequent it a bit more than I can right now.

I just wanted to stop by, make a post, and let GMTNATION know, that I have not forgotten about all of you! :smile:

There's no such thing as a bad Voymom! It's good that your priorities are in the correct order. October will soon be here. I hope your plans are coming together the way you want them too. Happy planning! :thumbsup:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
woman-spanking-man.jpg

Bad Voymom. Bad, bad Voymom.

Oh. Wait. :eek:

You're givin' it to the hubby in that pic. :lipsrsealed:

Meh. He probably deserves it anyways. :rotfl:

Carry on then! :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
priorities come first.. and i think a marrige, orr the planning of said marrige/events in life, are far more important then an internet forum... ive been kinda abscent on the forums as well.. stufff happens that you have to take care of... if people cant/dont understand that.. then ta hell with them i always say :rotfl::crackup:... we'll all be here in the end :smile:

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
I know how ya fill. I went from doing somthing new every week on one of the trucks to asking the kids to please wash them. Cant wait to start working on them again.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Thanks everyone for understanding. It's been a pretty hectic day today. We decided on Monday to break our 18 month old daughter off the bottle. She did really good up until today. I think she realized that it's a sippy cup from here on out, and she is putting up a really good fight. I feel so horrible, but I know it's now or never, and the sooner the better. I just hate hearing my baby scream all night. She won't even let me hold her, kiss her...nothing. I think the only thing I can do is let her cry it out.

Lets pray that she has a better day tomorrow. I hate feeling like a bad mom.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Voymom said:
Thanks everyone for understanding. It's been a pretty hectic day today. We decided on Monday to break our 18 month old daughter off the bottle. She did really good up until today. I think she realized that it's a sippy cup from here on out, and she is putting up a really good fight. I feel so horrible, but I know it's now or never, and the sooner the better. I just hate hearing my baby scream all night. She won't even let me hold her, kiss her...nothing. I think the only thing I can do is let her cry it out.

Sometimes our children cry because we're GOOD PARENTS!!! The world needs more GOOD parents!!!

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:

I feel your pain - we're weaning our 12 month old right now and are going through the same thing. We feel it's the right time to stop breast feeding; he feels the EXACT OPPOSITE. This coincided precisely with him figuring out how to climb out of his crib so he's now in a sweet race car bed which is super cool but means he's easily able to come hang out with us at his discretion. Been several loooooong nights.

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Lima Tango said:
We feel it's the right time to stop breast feeding; he feels the EXACT OPPOSITE.

:hijack: Why stop now? He will only start back up when he gets older....:rotfl::rotfl:

I know I did. :celebrate::2thumbsup:I especially enjoy looking at the different sizes and shapes of containers.

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
DucatiSS said:
:hijack: Why stop now? He will only start back up when he gets older....:rotfl::rotfl:

I know I did. :celebrate::2thumbsup:I especially enjoy looking at the different sizes and shapes of containers.

I've actually been meaning to talk to you about that. You're going to have to stop coming over and breastfeeding. It's starting to weird us out. :raspberry:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Short Bus said:
Sometimes our children cry because we're GOOD PARENTS!!! The world needs more GOOD parents!!!

Thanks Short Bus! Sometimes I just feel like such a mean mom. I hate hearing her scream. The worse part is when she is pissed, she won't cuddle me or let me cuddle her. Typical little girl I suppose lol.

Lima Tango said:
I feel your pain - we're weaning our 12 month old right now and are going through the same thing. We feel it's the right time to stop breast feeding; he feels the EXACT OPPOSITE. This coincided precisely with him figuring out how to climb out of his crib so he's now in a sweet race car bed which is super cool but means he's easily able to come hang out with us at his discretion. Been several loooooong nights.

My daughter has gotten out of her crib a few times too, but I think one of her 3 brothers actually sneak in her room when we are laying down and helps her out lol. If I had her in a big girl bed right now, she would burn the house down. It's amazing how much damage an 18 month old can do.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
This is my thought on the situation....ur not ur kids friend ur their PARENT. They need direction from u... they need their lil asses whacked when needed and comfort when they are sad. But being their friend is the last thing u wanna do cuz they will use that and walk all over u. When they get old enough to understand they will realize u weren't being a mean mom or a bitch they will understand that u were doing what's best for them to become successful. Not saying to be mean to them just send them down the right path.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
Voymom said:
The worse part is when she is pissed, she won't cuddle me or let me cuddle her. Typical little girl I suppose lol.

Don't worry, it get's worse. Our 3 year old daughter has told us that we're mean and she doesn't love us anymore and that she's taking us back to the parent store. It brought my wife to tears the first time she told her that she's a bad mommy. She doesn't really mean it but it still hurts.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
jrSS said:
This is my thought on the situation....ur not ur kids friend ur their PARENT. They need direction from u... they need their lil asses whacked when needed and comfort when they are sad. But being their friend is the last thing u wanna do cuz they will use that and walk all over u. When they get old enough to understand they will realize u weren't being a mean mom or a bitch they will understand that u were doing what's best for them to become successful. Not saying to be mean to them just send them down the right path.

I totally agree! I base my "Mean mommy" antics by age. Once they are old enough to start learning right from wrong, and truly understand it(about 2-3yrs) I stop coddling. It's just hard not to want to baby my daughter so much, because after all she is the only girl out of 5 boys. Us girls got to stick together sometimes lol

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Oh man all this talk is making me double think kids down the road loll or more like double thinking if I want a girl :undecided:

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Oh man all this talk is making me double think kids down the road loll or more like double thinking if I want a girl :undecided:

Girls are way more emotional than boys. She will start crying if she see her blanket on the couch and she cant reach it.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:

Don't double think it....triple think it :rotfl:

On a serious note though, despite all the shit parent's go through raising their kids. In the long run it's all worth it. My kids can kick, punch, bite, call me names when their pissed, but when they wrap their arms around my neck at the end of the day, I fall in love all over again. Just not in love enough to have anymore :biggrin:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Phantom said:
Girls are way more emotional than boys. She will start crying if she see her blanket on the couch and she cant reach it.

Haha oh yeah I'm the oldest in my family and I have a younger sister and I deff see it all as she's getting older. But she's good I mean I make sure she is at least lol :yes:

Voymom said:
Don't double think it....triple think it :rotfl:

On a serious note though, despite all the shit parent's go through raising their kids. In the long run it's all worth it. My kids can kick, punch, bite, call me names when their pissed, but when they wrap their arms around my neck at the end of the day, I fall in love all over again. Just not in love enough to have anymore :biggrin:

:rotfl: yeah you have your self an army, I mean anyone tries to mess with you, you have 5 kids coming from all directions attacking haha

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online