Is it normal to still have stickers?

Shdwdrgn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
After spending the day under the read of my truck, I have one burning question... Is it typical to still have so many factory part# stickers on parts? I have 95k on my truck, and I noticed stickers still intact on one rear spring and the driveshaft. I did see some other stickers too, but I don't remember where they were at. It just seems so odd that these stickers would still be here, nearly 10 years later.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Don't know if it's normal but I stll have some, and this is after 245,000 km with lots of snow and salt. The stickers outlived the struts and shocks. Some I've seen soaked in oil and were still hanging on.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
View attachment 30811
View attachment 30812

pretty normal, I think

at 150k miles, my drive shaft, power steering lines, still have stickers.

the original spare had the tire label on it when I replaced it a few weeks ago!

Attachments

• 100_3006.jpg
    100_3006.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0390.jpg
    DSC_0390.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 20

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Shdwdrgn said:
After spending the day under the read of my truck, I have one burning question... Is it typical to still have so many factory part# stickers on parts? I have 95k on my truck, and I noticed stickers still intact on one rear spring and the driveshaft. I did see some other stickers too, but I don't remember where they were at. It just seems so odd that these stickers would still be here, nearly 10 years later.

I think it's great they have lasted so long. The part lasts at least 10years and there's still a sticker with the oem part#? Score! Although the hp factor is only +/- 0! :rotfl:

I have stickers all over. Springs to add to the aforementioned parts. Still have my protective "pull here" covering rear radio display...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 148

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Playsinsnow said:
Still have my protective "pull here" covering rear radio display...
I pulled mine off at 100k. Even at that mileage, my back seat was factory condition, down to the spare tire stuff. I have stickers left all over the place too.

Shdwdrgn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
That's just nuts. No wonder its so hard to peel stickers off of new products these days!

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
After seeing pictures of undersides of your trucks it makes me feel good I live in Florida lol that little bit of rust would piss me off.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
:rotfl: The covering is still there because I bought the truck weeks after getting married and if, for some reason or another, I had to part with the TB I could say "look! no one sat back there!". Most of my trips involve the seats folded down so it's been protected some. Hey, don't forget this is on a ride that's as close to stock as they come around here with 120k+miles! My one rule for kids back there, do not touch the sticker that says "pull here". I honestly used as a "wear barometer" and figure I made it this long it's in it for the long haul. :raspberry: 6years 4 months

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
I still have the protective plastic on my metal sill plates. Although one of them has a ding in it. :hissyfit:

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Last night a guy was trying to show me some pics on his I-phone. He still had the protective "pull here" plastic on the screen, it was so scratched, wrinkled and dirty I couldn't see the picture. I said to him, "I can't see through the dirty screen cover", his response, was "Yeah, it's doing a good job keeping the screen clean"

That logic is totally lost on me. Get rid of the scratched, wrinkled and dirty cover and enjoy the nice clean, scratch free screen :confused:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
:crackup: That's hilarious. It's not scratched up or anything like that. Noticed some dust build up around the top of sticker just now, haven't looked at it or back there in a while lol, so it may be coming off real soon.

dannyoaks

Sep 17, 2013
I still have my sill plate covers on too, although theyre going away tonight, large boots usually covered in mud being dragged across them has made them look aweful. Im thinking of doing something disposable to keep the plates clean so i can be all shiney on the weekends but not get them torn up during the week

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
dannyoaks said:
Im thinking of doing something disposable to keep the plates clean so i can be all shiney on the weekends but not get them torn up during the week
Lift your feet :raspberry:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online