iPhone adapter for the Bose

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Hey everyone im going back and forth on getting a new radio for my truck . Now i got the Bose system and im kinda just looking for a aux input /usb wire to play music on some long trips but nothing special . Is there a way i can run a cable into my phone from the back of the head unit? Has anyone tried to do it ?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
iSimple would probably be the best bet...somewhat pricey though.

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
I always wanted to add an AUX input but no one has had a direct solution (or maybe it's just me). The How To thread on TBSS is more for the XM radio setup.

I don't think the Bose system with have that setup unit on the passenger side unless some member here has done it?

And also I've read in the past it depends if you had an XM radio, Bose with Onstar (I have that) and with/out the AUX button the the head unit.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
seanpooh said:
I always wanted to add an AUX input but no one has had a direct solution (or maybe it's just me). The How To thread on TBSS is more for the XM radio setup.

I don't think the Bose system with have that setup unit on the passenger side unless some member here has done it?

And also I've read in the past it depends if you had an XM radio, Bose with Onstar (I have that) and with/out the AUX button the the head unit.

The 02's especially are screwed because there was no Sat radio option then. The only way of adding an AUX to the 02/03 Bose 6 disc is to use a hard wired FM modulator or get a radio from an 03-05 full size truck like an Escalade that has the Band button.

I used the hard wired option to hook up Sirius.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I use BlueFusion in my 04. I love it. All bluetooth integration, allows me to use the steering wheel controls to answer the phone, hang up the phone, go thru my phone directory, change the track I am listening to, etc. And it allows me to connect my phone, or if I want to use my wifes, it pairs right up, and all is done. Of course this only works on the 04+ models. But I have already bought a second unit, and plan on installing it in my wifes Aztek when I install the Rendezvous navigation system.

The downside is that it doesnt charge the phone. But with a USB plug mounted under my center console, I just charge it when needed. Hardwired is good for charging, while doing the rest.

But, when you are a commuter, the plugs do tend to wear out, both on the phone side, and the hardwired side, from all the daily plugging in and unplugging. So there is a wear factor involved. Where as with the bluetooth, you dont have to worry about wires for your commute to work, or home. Just hop in and go.

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Hey i just installed the mod with the cat 5 wire . My only issue i have is the common static hum when the volume is high , is that normal?

WhiteTB

Nov 22, 2011
c bausch said:
Hey i just installed the mod with the cat 5 wire . My only issue i have is the common static hum when the volume is high , is that normal?
Is there static when playing music? Static with no music playing is normal till you switch sources.

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
I think theres a humming sound when in playing music but is low when im playing my music . When there is nothing looked up to the aux its really noticeable . Is there anything I can do though?

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Update: my hum get louder when im acceleration and it always humming low if i turn the volume lower on my iPhone and turn up the volume on the radio it does not change . It also sound like its coming from my passenger side of the vech any idea what i can do to fix it or if i did something wrong?

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
Did this to the radio. No major issue. On some songs i can hear the singing, the voice, and instrutmental, and the right would only have instrumental. There is also no static. The easiest mod yet!

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Solved: I found my issue i was connected to the wrong ground but all is well now i just have to find a good spot for the jack:thumbsup:

WhiteTB

Nov 22, 2011
c bausch said:
Solved: I found my issue i was connected to the wrong ground but all is well now i just have to find a good spot for the jack:thumbsup:

Awesome. I was going to say something had to be wrong with the ground. Glad it worked out for you.

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Yeah thanks , i read that a bunch of guys had issues with the whining in there system . I originally wires it up a recommended way From a tbss fourm with gave the whining then a mother way from this fourm and its great now just a ground wire issue :crazy:

Shaggy_357

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry to play thread necromancer, but I was wondering if this would work on mine. I have the 6-disc changer with the band button but it didn't come with the XM. I have the jack for the XM tuner under the dash (I think), so I was thinking I could wire it in without the XM tuner itself being present. Only thing is, I have no clue how to tune to the XM bands. Would the HU pick up that the XM wiring was now sending a signal? :confused:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I'm pretty sure iSimple has something that you plug into the XM port so you can run an MP3, ipod or iphone. If you don't like their prices, hunt around for the same thing from a different manufacturer.

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
First, yes it does work with the factory Bose cd changer because thats what i have. Second its a good mod but a pain to maintain if you start to get issues . (Bad wires, play in the aux cord , static). Im really thinking to switch over to the isimple adapter.

Shaggy_357

Dec 4, 2011
Thanks for the replies, guys. I may give it a whirl and mount the jack in either a hidden or non-permanent location so I can switch to the isimple if it doesn't pan out. I'll try to knock it out next week and report back with the results.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online