iPhone 5

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Yes I pre-ordered my iPhone 5 in black today! comes in two weeks I cant wait to get it!!

Just need to order a case and screen protector before it comes to be all set

LET THE HATING BEGIN :biggrin:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Yes I pre-ordered my iPhone 5 in black today! comes in two weeks I cant wait to get it!!

Just need to order a case and screen protector before it comes to be all set

LET THE HATING BEGIN :biggrin:

I'm not talking to you anymore....:hissyfit: :lipsrsealed: and it's not because of the Iphone5 either :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
since they FINALLY made that damn screen bigger :rotfl:, i was actually looking at the iPhone 5 as well... i have a Galaxy S right now, and was looking at the S3's... but its all a toss up right now...

GCTB1289

Mar 19, 2012
IMO i'm waiting on the iPhone 5 for at least 6 months to a year so they can work out the bugs. Definitely thinking of getting though.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
S3 = 4.8"
i5 = 4"

Bigger is better

Oh, I can write the screenplay for this thread just like the one I put up about the S3. :confused:

View attachment 22802

Attachments

• all_your_base_android_open_source.jpg
    all_your_base_android_open_source.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 20

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
GCTB1289 why would you wait so long? you might as well wait for another gen iphone to come out by then. any issue (if any) has an update to be fixed in a couple weeks usually and its fine after that. apple is good on taking care of the problem.

Voymom said:
I'm not talking to you anymore....:hissyfit: :lipsrsealed: and it's not because of the Iphone5 either :biggrin:

wait what did I do? lol

Boricua SS said:
since they FINALLY made that damn screen bigger :rotfl:, i was actually looking at the iPhone 5 as well... i have a Galaxy S right now, and was looking at the S3's... but its all a toss up right now...

it depends on what you want the phone for and how big you really want it to be lol 4" is enough I mean honestly your buying a phone which many people seem to forget that when they look for one. 4.8" is a bit too much in my eyes. I have an iPad for a reason lol

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
GCTB1289 why would you wait so long? you might as well wait for another gen iphone to come out by then. any issue (if any) has an update to be fixed in a couple weeks usually and its fine after that. apple is good on taking care of the problem.

wait what did I do? lol

it depends on what you want the phone for and how big you really want it to be lol 4" is enough I mean honestly your buying a phone which many people seem to forget that when they look for one. 4.8" is a bit too much in my eyes. I have an iPad for a reason lol

Nothing....I just felt like being an ass :raspberry: :biggrin: :rotfl:

I couldn't "not" talk to you :tongue:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ItsOnVoy said:

well i have the Galaxy S Epic 4G (yes its that old lol), and my contract is up with Sprint this month.. and they have reallllly been pissing me off lately.. their service has been terrible the last month (going into Roaming at my house, 2 different phones, and issues still arent resolved) but for $80 per month w/unlimited everything.. thats very hard to leave when you're on a budget...

but i use my phone for the "basics" i guess you would say for this day and age lol... GPS, apps, e-mail, texts, pix, facebook, etc... plus i have the Pioneer AVH4300 which is fully compatible through iPhones... soooo, i could unleash more options on my HU... i dont have any iphone accessories (docking stations, etc...) so that "new" plug connector wouldnt phase me at all.. but i just need to look at the different carriers/service providers, then check out their phones/plans, then make my decision from there..

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Me n the wife n kids were walking thru the mall today and some little peon in front of Radio Shack asked me if I heard about the Iphone 5. I said yes... He said well would you like to learn more. I said, I told you I heard about it already, go away...

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I like the iPhone 5 but not sure if I really want to get it. Right now I have the 4s with iOS6 on it already so it has all the cool stuff on it. Only difference would be the new chip, camera and that it's thinner. I guess if someone were to buy my 4s for a good price, I may buy the iPhone 5 straight up. Not eligible for an upgrade from Verizon yet. :undecided:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
well i have the Galaxy S Epic 4G (yes its that old lol), and my contract is up with Sprint this month.. and they have reallllly been pissing me off lately.. their service has been terrible the last month (going into Roaming at my house, 2 different phones, and issues still arent resolved) but for $80 per month w/unlimited everything.. thats very hard to leave when you're on a budget...

but i use my phone for the "basics" i guess you would say for this day and age lol... GPS, apps, e-mail, texts, pix, facebook, etc... plus i have the Pioneer AVH4300 which is fully compatible through iPhones... soooo, i could unleash more options on my HU... i dont have any iphone accessories (docking stations, etc...) so that "new" plug connector wouldnt phase me at all.. but i just need to look at the different carriers/service providers, then check out their phones/plans, then make my decision from there..

Honestly if your using it for basics then I personally say iPhone all the way!! It will give you all you need plus way more. The new one has nav and everything you want in it plus the bigger screen they finally put into it. The iPhone has amazing quality and I had my iphone 4 for a year and a half and never had a problem and same with all my friends. I have heard of some people that do have problems but that could be just that specific device you now and apple is great with helping. You do get a 1 year warranty also. I have all the "older" chargers now since they changed it and it doesnt bother me. I am glad they made it small and about time they did. The new lighting charger is suppose to charge faster also.

Yeah sprint does have plan that can be cheaper but honestly I used to have sprint and had a shit ton of problems with my bills and service. I used to roam all the time too and funny story is that sprint kicked me out and I had to switch because of there shitty service lol I was using too much roam when my plan said I have free unlimited. I made the switch to Verizon and man what a day and night difference it was in service and quality. I had a simple problem once with my bill and called them and had it fixed within the min vs sprint will piss me off and make me fight with them. So making the switch was WELL worth it honestly. Also Verizon is the only company that truly gets 4g LTE not like sprint that charges you $10 for nothing you know. I know Verizon 4g LTE is like 18-20mbps internet speed when I ran a speed test on there network with is amazing if you ask me.

I mean I know Verizon plans (idk how many mins and data and all you use) but they have at lowest 450mins with unlimited texting for $60 a month plus $30 for 2 gb of data orrrr they have $40 per smart phone which gives you unlimited mins and texting plus $60 for 2gb of data and that gives you mobile hot spot which this is the share everything plan and I think AT&T is the same price wise.

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
I like the iPhone 5 but not sure if I really want to get it. Right now I have the 4s with iOS6 on it already so it has all the cool stuff on it. Only difference would be the new chip, camera and that it's thinner. I guess if someone were to buy my 4s for a good price, I may buy the iPhone 5 straight up. Not eligible for an upgrade from Verizon yet. :undecided:

How is ios6? I can't wait to install it on my iPad to play around with it. There is quite a difference between the 4s to 5 not like 4 to 4s idea and your getting 4g LTE now so that will make the world difference in using the phone. But like you said if you can sell yours then worry about it, best bet is wait till like dec or jan and then look on craigs and you will find people wanting to sell it at lower prices.

GCTB1289

Mar 19, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:

Well i'm also waiting for my upgrade and the fact that i'm in Korea and waiting to come back to the states to get still got 6 months until i return to the states :wootwoot::biggrin:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
GCTB1289 said:
Well i'm also waiting for my upgrade and the fact that i'm in Korea and waiting to come back to the states to get still got 6 months until i return to the states :wootwoot::biggrin:

oh ok well I hope you have a safe return man! :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ItsOnVoy said:
Honestly if your using it for basics then I personally say iPhone all the way!! It will give you all you need plus way more. The new one has nav and everything you want in it plus the bigger screen they finally put into it. The iPhone has amazing quality and I had my iphone 4 for a year and a half and never had a problem and same with all my friends. I have heard of some people that do have problems but that could be just that specific device you now and apple is great with helping. You do get a 1 year warranty also. I have all the "older" chargers now since they changed it and it doesnt bother me. I am glad they made it small and about time they did. The new lighting charger is suppose to charge faster also.

Yeah sprint does have plan that can be cheaper but honestly I used to have sprint and had a shit ton of problems with my bills and service. I used to roam all the time too and funny story is that sprint kicked me out and I had to switch because of there shitty service lol I was using too much roam when my plan said I have free unlimited. I made the switch to Verizon and man what a day and night difference it was in service and quality. I had a simple problem once with my bill and called them and had it fixed within the min vs sprint will piss me off and make me fight with them. So making the switch was WELL worth it honestly. Also Verizon is the only company that truly gets 4g LTE not like sprint that charges you $10 for nothing you know. I know Verizon 4g LTE is like 18-20mbps internet speed when I ran a speed test on there network with is amazing if you ask me.

I mean I know Verizon plans (idk how many mins and data and all you use) but they have at lowest 450mins with unlimited texting for $60 a month plus $30 for 2 gb of data orrrr they have $40 per smart phone which gives you unlimited mins and texting plus $60 for 2gb of data and that gives you mobile hot spot which this is the share everything plan and I think AT&T is the same price wise.

is that one year on a complete phone replacement? or do you pay like a monthly fee for insurance therefor covering warranty work.. like my GS 4G right now, i pay like $5.99 or so a month for phone "insurance" and in the 2 and a half years I've had it, I've gone through 4 phones, all free of charge due to the insurance... so what does a one year warranty mean in terms of iPhone's? and my GS 4G already has the 4" screen, so im used to that size... so the new I5 would work great in terms of appearance.

and that 4G LTE, is that just like Sprints "4G" like on my Galaxy S? if so, im not too impressed with it... i get faster speeds on my WiFi at home and work :rotfl:.. but yes Sprint does charge that extra $10.. and i have used 4G once... and honestly... i didnt notice a change at all between WiFi and 4G... how good is it and WiFi on the iPhone...

and since im on Sprint's unlimited everything.. i only use like 10 minutes a month on my plan lol... but i have the 450 minute plan on sprint, and the data plan rounding off to the $80 bucks per month... and my GB usage... i know im waaaaaaay over 2GB :rotfl: between work use, email, FB, online games, etc... i blow that out of the water lol... thats been my only resoning staying with sprint... but, i just have to go to a store and talk to someone and see what they can do for me...

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
The moment when that girl asks you to facetime....... Dont be that android guy.

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
Boricua SS said:
is that one year on a complete phone replacement? or do you pay like a monthly fee for insurance therefor covering warranty work.. like my GS 4G right now, i pay like $5.99 or so a month for phone "insurance" and in the 2 and a half years I've had it, I've gone through 4 phones, all free of charge due to the insurance... so what does a one year warranty mean in terms of iPhone's? and my GS 4G already has the 4" screen, so im used to that size... so the new I5 would work great in terms of appearance.

and that 4G LTE, is that just like Sprints "4G" like on my Galaxy S? if so, im not too impressed with it... i get faster speeds on my WiFi at home and work :rotfl:.. but yes Sprint does charge that extra $10.. and i have used 4G once... and honestly... i didnt notice a change at all between WiFi and 4G... how good is it and WiFi on the iPhone...

and since im on Sprint's unlimited everything.. i only use like 10 minutes a month on my plan lol... but i have the 450 minute plan on sprint, and the data plan rounding off to the $80 bucks per month... and my GB usage... i know im waaaaaaay over 2GB :rotfl: between work use, email, FB, online games, etc... i blow that out of the water lol... thats been my only resoning staying with sprint... but, i just have to go to a store and talk to someone and see what they can do for me...

iPhone's standard insurance is for defective hardware/software issues only (no accidental covered). However they do offer the same thing now ever since the iPhone 4s came out that covers accidental damage and it's $7.99/month I believe.

As for appearance you'll love the screen on the iPhone 5, even my 4s has a better screen then it even with its smaller screen lol my buddy has one that's how I know.

If you're looking for real 4G speed you'll have to leave sprint their network coverage is horrible and it's even worse for their "4G". You can switch to verizon for better coverage and they now offer unlimited everything but not for $80 tho. :no:. The wifi on a iPhone is great it uses wireless N+ and the new one uses both frequencies 2.5ghz and 5ghz (for less interference).

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
For those of you on AT&T that have the unlimited data plan don't let them make you get a shared data plan in order to use FaceTime there are "ways around it". You may have to wait for the next JB but that won't be that long.

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
The moment when that girl asks you to facetime....... Dont be that android guy.

:rotfl: he can always skype :crazy:

If anyone even uses that :rotfl:

Decembersend said:
iPhone's standard insurance is for defective hardware/software issues only (no accidental covered). However they do offer the same thing now ever since the iPhone 4s came out that covers accidental damage and it's $7.99/month I believe.

As for appearance you'll love the screen on the iPhone 5, even my 4s has a better screen then it even with its smaller screen lol my buddy has one that's how I know.

If you're looking for real 4G speed you'll have to leave sprint their network coverage is horrible and it's even worse for their "4G". You can switch to verizon for better coverage and they now offer unlimited everything but not for $80 tho. :no:. The wifi on a iPhone is great it uses wireless N+ and the new one uses both frequencies 2.5ghz and 5ghz (for less interference).

The insurance for verizon is $10.99 actually. That will extend the warranty and will cover accidental damage and water damage but to get a new phone you pay like $150 or $175 for it vs the $650 the iphone would cost without contract. The regular 1 year warrenty will cover hardware/software issues like decembersend said. Like if your phone comes in with lets say a part of the screen not working and it can't be fixed they pull a new one from the back and change it out for you.

Yeah sprint isn't 4g...there bullshit in my eyes lol they are good at tricking ppl with there prices. I ran a speed test on verizon 4g LTE and got 18mbps internet speed for download and upload and that with a A6 chip will be stupid fast. I have 15mbps internet speed and a A5x chip on my new iPad and its very fast.

My iPhone 4 has an amazing screen and color quality, I cannot wait for the I5 lol the 5 will have the same quality screen as the 4s but bigger, they made the screen longer to be 4" and increased the pixels to fix that so you still get 336ppi a square inch I think. But Verizon does not have unlimited data at all, starts at 2g. Since you use more then 2g of data the share everything plan can work best idk I would talk to them and see. With that plan you can increase to 4, 6 etc

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
The insurance for verizon is $10.99 actually. That will extend the warranty and will cover accidental damage and water damage but to get a new phone you pay like $150 or $175 for it vs the $650 the iphone would cost without contract. The regular 1 year warrenty will cover hardware/software issues like decembersend said. Like if your phone comes in with lets say a part of the screen not working and it can't be fixed they pull a new one from the back and change it out for you.

Wow really $10.99 :crazy:. I figured it would be the same as AT&T the last time they offered me issuance is was $7.99 I always turn it down because parts on eBay are so cheap :biggrin:.

The reason why I didn't meation AT&T is there coverage for 4G LTE is no where near Verizons but their customer service has been great. I've been kinda stuck with AT&T tho. I share my plan with my Wife, one of my brothers and my Parents and in order to switch I have to pay a huge deductible so I'll suffer till AT&T steps there game up.

Also I was mistaken I don't know why I was thinking unlimited I meant smthe share everything plan which I believe the highest data plan available is 10GB $120/month plus another $40 for each smartphone.

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Decembersend said:
Wow really $10.99 :crazy:. I figured it would be the same as AT&T the last time they offered me issuance is was $7.99 I always turn it down because parts on eBay are so cheap :biggrin:.

The reason why I didn't meation AT&T is there coverage for 4G LTE is no where near Verizons but their customer service has been great. I've been kinda stuck with AT&T tho. I share my plan with my Wife, one of my brothers and my Parents and in order to switch I have to pay a huge deductible so I'll suffer till AT&T steps there game up.

Also I was mistaken I don't know why I was thinking unlimited I meant smthe share everything plan which I believe the highest data plan available is 10GB $120/month plus another $40 for each smartphone.

Well for any apple product like the iPhone and iPad it's $10.99 with a either $150 or $175 (I think it's $150 tho) deductible if broken stolen etc. for androids and other phones it's like $6.99 or $7.99 with $50 deductible if I'm correct for lost stolen etc. that's why I got rid of it because the iPhone never gave me problems like my droid 2 did so I saved some money every month you know.

Yeah Verizon has the top coverage for 3G and 4g LTE. There download speeds are amazing! I wish they had unlimited plans bc then I can use it on my laptop rather then the crappy wifi some places give. I'm am glad to keep my unlimited with the new iPhone so I can use it all I can without having to check data everyday lol Yeah there share everything plan does get costly data wise. But if you have like 4 phones on there it's pretty worth it.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I'm new to the whole apple thing. I recently got the 32 gig 4S and the newest 64 gig Ipad with cellular. I get it all from my company to keep not just use and so it is all permanently monogrammed with my name. I moved from Blackberries for many years and not having any tablet. The Iphone, even coming from an actual piece of crap called blackberry, is pretty old school. Like when you use it you can tell everything was cool 3 or 4 years back. The Ipad seems fine other than not playing flash. The one thing I really like about the apple products is the photo stream but I don't like that videos don't go to the cloud automatically.

Last week there was a comparison of the Iphone 5 against five or so of the other popular phones. Literally the Iphone was the worst in every category.

Basically my company picked the lesser of the technologies to go with. Only because the former platform was Blackberry am I not complaining.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Iphone 5 seems to be a disappointment to even many apple fans. If I had a 4 I would not bother upgrading and thats what most of the Apple loving tech people I know said.

I personally would not consider downgrading to any Iphone, but some people need a simple phone built for a child to be able to use.

Opeth

Mar 25, 2012
iPhone/iPad = no flash videos, and an outright pain in the ass. I hate my iPad but spent too much to not use it.

Upgrading means I loose my unlimited data plan, and I'm not paying outright for a new phone. My droid X is plenty for me.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Again I have all apple stuff but was free in case you didn't read my earlier post to quantify that i'm trying to think of another product that is actually not as good yet more popular and more expensive. Possibly Toyota vehicles? For me having all Apple stuff is as improbable as me owning a foreign car (unless said car was free).

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
$10.99 for insurance!!! :eek::eek:

what the hell!!! lol... so what happens after the year warranty is up, you dont have the monthly insurance, and the iPhone breaks?? like my Galaxy S started acting up the second year of my contract... and since i had the insurance, it was all free, they just went to the back and got me a new phone... ANY product can and will malfunction at any time.. hell, just look at out GMT's lol... first 3 years, no problems... but thank God i bought an extended warranty :rotfl:

so what would happen to the iPhone if i didnt have the insurance on it, and it broke? am i just up chit's creek and will have to dish out some serious dough to fix it? :rotfl:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
$10.99 for insurance!!! :eek::eek:

what the hell!!! lol... so what happens after the year warranty is up, you dont have the monthly insurance, and the iPhone breaks?? like my Galaxy S started acting up the second year of my contract... and since i had the insurance, it was all free, they just went to the back and got me a new phone... ANY product can and will malfunction at any time.. hell, just look at out GMT's lol... first 3 years, no problems... but thank God i bought an extended warranty :rotfl:

so what would happen to the iPhone if i didnt have the insurance on it, and it broke? am i just up chit's creek and will have to dish out some serious dough to fix it? :rotfl:

Kind of like any other product after warranty your kind of sol loll well let's put it this way! If your phone any one you get starts to act up just add the insurance wait a little and go claim your phone not working well. Or you can do a one time fee and that will make your warranty more then a year and what you get with that warranty I think is up to you. They have differment options including lost and stolen with it etc. check with the apple store if you decide to go with it and see what you have

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Typically $99 deductible even if you have insurance.

Big $$$ without insurance.

Two claims in 12 months, and Asurion will pay your claim, then lock you out so that phone will never be insurable again.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Verizon will not allow you to add insurance. Only when phone is new so you pay $11 x 12 months for double warranty...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
well let's put it this way! If your phone any one you get starts to act up just add the insurance wait a little and go claim your phone not working well.

Cant add insurance later because of scams like you advise pulling here.

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Cant add insurance later because of scams like you advise pulling here.

Forgot about there new policy but thanks for being a dick and calling a scammer!! That is something I hear of people that have done so something I mentioned!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online