Intermittent ABS light and RPM surge

S13Hitman

Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Hilton Head
I've had the TB doing this on and off for a few years. Each time it winds up being the ignition circuit wires somehow being damaged behind the fuse panel going through the firewall. I'm more confident to handle this now myself, especially knowing the general area and being able to see what they've done after diving in.

98% of the time it happens above 50mph while driving on a highway. The ABS light will come on, followed by the RPM surge going from 1500ish to 2500ish. I'm not able to give the engine any power while this happens and then the truck either stalls or the problem goes away. It gets worse and worse once it starts happening to the point of no start.
I have replaced the ignition switch and cleaned the tb.
Code P0013 comes up. I've replaced this part (camshaft solenoid I believe) over 3 times. I know it's not faulty but that's the only code that generates.
Has anyone had this issue before?
If my wires keep getting damaged then wtf is doing it? Looking for anyone going through anything similar, any help is greatly appreciated.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Check the wiring to the CPAS as that's what the code says is the problem since you replaced it and nothing changed. Get the schematics from the manuals in my signature and check the wiring. If it's an intermittent fault, that's a biatch to find.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online