Ignition Coils - Set of Six(6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylab

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
At my brother's advice, I replaced the entire set of ignition coils in attempts to cure the shaky idle and mixed up fuel trims.....trims were -10 to -12, which is all out of wack. Either had to be a bad coil or possibly a head/valve issue. - As it turned out, most likely the latter, which is why I traded my baby.

In any event, I have the set of coils pulled off....should have swapped them back and just didn't think of it. Anyway, I have 4 Denso/AC-Delcos and 2 Replacements. Two of the new units died within a week and I swapped them with the old ones until the replacements showed up, two days after trading the Envoy. (In case you're wondering why there are two new ones). Seems you either get good ones that last forever or they drop like flies. Anyway,

All six were apparently working fine at the time they were removed....eh, make that the FOUR(4) AC-Delco coils were working fine at the time they were removed. The other two are replacements for the two that failed. - Replacements were of a different brand than the failed coils if it matters.

Make me a reasonable offer for the set and they're yours. (New a set runs around $250 give or take). These should also work on appropriate year Canyon/Hummer/etc with the i4/i5 engines as well. They're the original design with the round heads, not the square brick. I'll try and post pictures later today.

Ray aka YLAB
cyberdog433@hotmail.com

Reactions: Mounce

ylab

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
My Envoy was a 2002, so they'll fit up to the redesign for '06 that adopted the newer intake manifold. - Black intake was the early years, silver/aluminum in color for the later years. So 2002-2005 are the same coil, as are the Canyon, Colorado, Hummer H3, etc all with either the I6, I5 or I4 based on the Atlas design. My Envoy has a tick of 82k on the odometer and unfortunately, it wasn't the plugs & coils causing the rough idle and audible intermittent misfire at idle.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online