I wanna see your tails!

Oh so slow

Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Hey all! I apologize if this has been covered before but I've been searching for a bit trying to find some tail lights that I love...I'm looking for some that don't have the raised bumps where the bulbs are (if that makes sense) and LED would be nice. The closest ones I've seen to what I'm looking for are spec D I'll try to find a link...

Anyway, it'd be awesome if y'all could post some pics of your aftermarket tails. I know there are some sick TBs out there!

Here are the ones I was looking at

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Mine are IPCW. I have a decent set, but some have been known to have LEDs go out.
Picture 1 is before tinting. Picture 2 is after.
(personally, I would recommend Depo instead)

bch1.jpg

TT1.jpg

Oh so slow

Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Nice! I was looking at those as well. Those are some of the better looking sets IMO but I'm unsure of how they'd look because mine is white

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I've got the Depo tails, in black (they also come in chrome and carbon fiber) with the star LED reverse lights. Since my truck is silver, you can get a decent idea how they'd look on yours.

100_0183.jpg

100_0182.jpg

100_0189.jpg

100_0181.jpg

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Oh so slow said:
I'm unsure of how they'd look because mine is white
The come in different finishes, so you can choose one that looks right to you. BTW, here are the Depo tails.
I think they look as good as the IPCW and I haven't seen as many reported problems with them. (and I think they're less expensive)

edit - and, of course, Carlton beat me in posting pics of them.

View attachment 26002

Attachments

• depo.jpg
    depo.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 13

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
BO TIE SS said:
The come in different finishes, so you can choose one that looks right to you. BTW, here are the Depo tails.
I think they look as good as the IPCW and I haven't seen as many reported problems with them. (and I think they're less expensive)

Yeah, they are less expensive, otherwise I would have gotten the ones you have back in the day.

BO TIE SS said:
edit - and, of course, Carlton beat me in posting pics of them.

:biggrin: ...yeah, of course! :tongue:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I had to buy sockets and do a little wiring to make these quads.

[EBAY]390530107880[/EBAY]

+

[EBAY]190472615418[/EBAY]

=

0730122033.jpg

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
Where did you get that hitch cover? I want one.

Short Bus said:
I had to buy sockets and do a little wiring to make these quads.

[EBAY]390530107880[/EBAY]

+

[EBAY]190472615418[/EBAY]

=

0730122033.jpg

shrek77

Mar 30, 2012
mnypitTBEXT said:

If he will sell it I want it. Ive looked for a year calling junk yards all over. I bought one online last January only to be refunded with an email no longer in stock. Not a single chevy dealer in the US has one.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I am at work right now so I will post a link to my build thread, my tails are about half way down.

http://gmtnation.com/f67/blazinlows-2004-trailblazer-ls-2386/

Edit. Figured I would just post the pics from the thread to save time.

5012d1330746581-blazinlows-2004-trailblazer-ls-spider-installed.jpg

5008d1329868444-blazinlows-2004-trailblazer-ls-passanger.jpg

5011d1329868320-blazinlows-2004-trailblazer-ls-3rd-brake-light.jpg

Figured I would add the Avalanche 3rd brake light for good measure. They are just some ebay lights. I did not like the full chrome so I opted for the black. The chrome on the LED portion actually makes for a good reflector. Also added the spider reverse lights, only thing I have seen brighter is the CREE LED bulbs.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
BO TIE SS said:
Mine are IPCW. I have a decent set, but some have been known to have LEDs go out.
Picture 1 is before tinting. Picture 2 is after.
(personally, I would recommend Depo instead)

I really like those,I wish they made them for the Envoy,it seems that there isn't much custom stuff out there for the voy:frown:

Oh so slow

Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Thanks for the input so far!! Lots of good looking options. I'm def gonna need a LED 3rd brake light now

I couldn't make up my mind on tails yet so it looks like I'm buying a new double din. So the tails are gonna have to wait a few weeks....anyway keep the pics coming. :thumbsup:

northcreek said:
I really like those,I wish they made them for the Envoy,it seems that there isn't much custom stuff out there for the voy:frown:

I was google searching the other night and ran across an Envoy with Asscender (?) tails and thought it looked sick. I'm a TB noob so I've still got lots to learn but to me the Envoy has smoother lines and looks pretty good when done right.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Oh so slow said:
I was google searching the other night and ran across an Envoy with Asscender (?) tails and thought it looked sick. I'm a TB noob so I've still got lots to learn but to me the Envoy has smoother lines and looks pretty good when done right.

I like those assenders a lot. I search the internet every now and then but seems they are difficult to get. If I found them I'd change them in a heartbeat...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Dug up a couple of night shots from years back, :undecided: I need to take some new ones...

Please ignore the partially failing lift gate LED bar :ugh:

100_0278.jpg

100_0276.jpg

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
mnypitTBEXT said:

I got it on ebay CHEAP :biggrin:

shrek77 said:
If he will sell it I want it. Ive looked for a year calling junk yards all over. I bought one online last January only to be refunded with an email no longer in stock. Not a single chevy dealer in the US has one.

It wouldn't be cheap :raspberry:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Denali n DOO said:
I like those assenders a lot. I search the internet every now and then but seems they are difficult to get. If I found them I'd change them in a heartbeat...

Yeah..not alot different but,still different enough:undecided:
View attachment 26004

Attachments

• gmc-TL.jpg
    gmc-TL.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 11
  • tail_light.jpg
    tail_light.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 128

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
here's mine on white. IIRC got off e-bay, Red Dot racing?? chrome/clear.
2nd pic shows avalanche 3rd brake light in chrome.

Attachments

• grill,heads, tail 007.jpg
    grill,heads, tail 007.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 12
  • lift after(2) 006.jpg
    lift after(2) 006.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 12

shrek77

Mar 30, 2012
Short Bus said:
I got it on ebay CHEAP :biggrin:

It wouldn't be cheap :raspberry:

How about double your cheap ebay purchase possably. I spent many many hours trying to find one!!!

Oh so slow

Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Reece are those ANZO tails? I was kinda lookin at those too.

I did a little research last night. I might try to make my own lenses. So far I've seen some good lookin stuff but haven't seen exactly what I'm looking for. Plus I like to be different :biggrin:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
shrek77 said:
How about double your cheap ebay purchase possably. I spent many many hours trying to find one!!!

There is a vendor on tbssowners that are making these. The original oem ones are hard to find. Ive seen oem ones (like shawns) sell for $150. That's stupid crazy for a piece of plastic.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Oh so slow said:
Reece are those ANZO tails? I was kinda lookin at those too.

I did a little research last night. I might try to make my own lenses. So far I've seen some good lookin stuff but haven't seen exactly what I'm looking for. Plus I like to be different :biggrin:

They aren't ANZO, I liked the look of these keeping it close to factory but led. They are bright also :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online