I need recovery points

Upstate Matt

Original poster
Dec 5, 2018
ny
My '08 TB does not have the RPO for tow hooks! Why is that an option (rhetorical)? Better yet, why isn't it a legal requirement? I have read where to purchase and how to install.

I would like to hear about options for installing shackles.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Shackles will need custom fab. You cant rely on the front impact bar for them. best bet is to fab up a crossmeber spanning the frame rails to attach to, but then the cross member with the airbag sensors wont function right if you care about that. With my bumper I am sure i will be dead before the airbags go off.

Upstate Matt

Original poster
Dec 5, 2018
ny
Air bag sensor mods would require permission from the over site committee (wife.) I was trying to work around the curt front hitch, but I really like the notion of having a luggage rack in front in case I need a human shield. Ya know, like in Mad Max? That would be cool.

I am still evaluating my mission and I know that the front hitch will restrict approach angle quite a bit.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The front hitch will affect the airbag sensors. Anything that does not allow the frame to crumple as designed will.

I liked having the front hitch in the bumper. Came in handy for several things from a winch mount to a bottle opener, but the winch built into the front bumper is smoother.

Upstate Matt

Original poster
Dec 5, 2018
ny
Hmm, I better read up on how sensors work.

A front hitch is on my list, just not the Curt because of the limits it imposes.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Anything you add to the front can affect front impacts and the sensors.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online

No members online now.