I broke my running board.

Steevo

Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Actually it's called a

Running Board Cover.

It's a plastic molded part.
I called around some aftermarket body parts suppliers and came back emptyhanded.
Does anyone know if anyone has made an aftermarket replacement for those factory plastic covered running boards?

Does anyone have a recommendation as to where I can get that part?
It's for an Envoy XL, 2003, Right side.
It might be GM P/N 15052420

I called some local wrecking yards, but Envoys aren't too common here.

Maybe someone has one in their garage that they don't need. Now, that'd be great.

Thanks!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Steevo said:
So I need the plastic cover, right side.

Does anyone know if anyone has made an aftermarket replacement for those factory plastic covered running boards?

Actually it's called a

Running Board Cover.

It's a plastic molded part.
I called around some aftermarket body parts suppliers and came back emptyhanded.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to where I can get that part?
It's for an Envoy XL, 2003, Right side.
It might be GM P/N 15052420

I called some local wrecking yards, but Envoys aren't too common here.

Maybe someone has one in their garage that they don't need. Now, that'd be great.

Thanks!

Have you checked fleabay or local ad's? In Iowa I see a lot of running boards for our platforms going for pretty cheap on Craigslist. Good luck!

And welcome to the Nation!!!!!

Steevo

Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Voymom said:
Have you checked fleabay or local ad's? In Iowa I see a lot of running boards for our platforms going for pretty cheap on Craigslist. Good luck!

And welcome to the Nation!!!!!

I didn't find anything on ebay, but I didn't check craigslist or any other place.
I guess I don't know any other place to look for that kind of part.

BTW, Roadie mentioned gmpartsshop.com in a post some time ago. I just looked up that p/n but came up with nothing there.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Steevo said:
I didn't find anything on ebay, but I didn't check craigslist or any other place.
I guess I don't know any other place to look for that kind of part.

I hate to say it, and unless roadie or someone can chime in, the only other option I can think of is replacing that running board. If that's the case I would look on Craigslist or ebay. We do get a few people here who go lifted and use rock sliders, and they may have a running board they could sell for a decent price. I got mine off of a user here for $150 I think, which is an amazing deal considering they are over $500 at the stealership.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
if you cant find one... have you looked into getting nerf bars? very common for trailblazer's and envoy's... im not familiar with the running board covers you're referring too... the ones im used to seeing are on the Denali's

are these the ones you're looking for... these are for the dirvers side... but just so i have an idea of what you need...
[EBAY]200819511121[/EBAY]

and here are the nerf style bars...
[EBAY]350492147009[/EBAY]

once i know which style you're lookin for.. i can search more to try and help..

Steevo

Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
There's no problem getting the part I need, it's available.
$300, and I have had a discount quote to $200.

So the worst case is $200 plus maybe shipping, but I bet I can get a local GM dealership to that price.

I wouldn't consider doing anything heroic like changing both sides.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Steevo said:
There's no problem getting the part I need, it's available.
$300, and I have had a discount quote to $200.

So the worst case is $200 plus maybe shipping, but I bet I can get a local GM dealership to that price.

I wouldn't consider doing anything heroic like changing both sides.

don't bet on getting the dealer to a lower price, well a little bit, but not too close to at cost prices... just ask member RZAwora..wouldnt hurt to try though... his dealers wouldnt even budge for some GMC logo'd center caps.. they were letting him walk for $2 i think the final difference was.. so he just ordered his stuff online and paid the shipping costs... but glad you can get the part... always sucks trying to look for something when production stops in it..

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I have some aftermarket units I'm not using, but they are entire running boards, not a cover to fit the OEM unit. I think our market is too small to support a vendor of aftermarket covers for the OEM puppy. Sorry.

They hang down WAY too much in my opinion, unless the only place you go is the mall and then you need to avoid speed bumps. I couldn't live that way.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
the roadie said:
I have some aftermarket units I'm not using, but they are entire running boards, not a cover to fit the OEM unit. I think our market is too small to support a vendor of aftermarket covers for the OEM puppy. Sorry.

They hang down WAY too much in my opinion, unless the only place you go is the mall and then you need to avoid speed bumps. I couldn't live that way.

He has a wienerdog, and I'm assuming your boards are for a SWB. I agree, the best solution would be just taking the boards off.

Steevo

Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Car-part.com was the first place I looked, but all I found were more than the one part I need at GM. Prolly more junk too. I only need the plastic cover.

Steevo

Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
the roadie said:

I did find the front bumper plastic cover for my envoy xl for $130 and the rear for $70 at DIY Auto Body parts, aftermarket new parts.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online