HUGE Christmas Sale at PCMforless!!!

IslandRunner

Member
Dec 4, 2011
316
I was gonna get the tune but can't fix my speedo so I just don't see it worth it. the speedo fix is what I wanted the most out of the tune. I have a 04.

Why can't you fix the speedo on pre-2006 models?
 

Mark20

Member
Dec 6, 2011
1,630
I've been toying with this since I found out about them. Decisions decisions ...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
 

ScarabEpic22

Member
Nov 20, 2011
728
IslandRunner said:
I was gonna get the tune but can't fix my speedo so I just don't see it worth it. the speedo fix is what I wanted the most out of the tune. I have a 04.

Why can't you fix the speedo on pre-2006 models?

The 02-05 P10 PCMs are finicky to say the least, speedo correction via HPTuners or EFILive is hit or miss in my opinion. More likely a miss...Call GM and complain they used a b@$tard PCM on the 02-05 trucks (only GMT360/370/305 vehicles and only the 4.2L engine) that cant be adjusted properly. Even tuning the VE tables is more complicated than a regular LS1 PCM or an E38/E67 (Camaro, Fullsize, TBSS, etc).
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
Great offer. I love my tune. One of the best mods I have done.
 

IslandRunner

Member
Dec 4, 2011
316
I can deal with finicky, If they need a truck to use to get it right I could hang out for a day in Mooresville if they give me the tune for dirt cheap or free. I live about 2hrs away.
 
marshall@pcm said:
We have TONS of items on sale right now on the website!! :smile:

TB I6 tuning...
Trailblazer & Envoy I6

Marshall,

Whats the turn around time for the holidays? The reason I as is my truck will be down while we are in NJ for New Years and this would be a great time to send it...

Can I call you on Friday 12/23 to work out the logistics?

Steve
 

groundshock

Member
Dec 4, 2011
248
I'd also like to know if there is a cohesive rundown on what is altered and the options available for the 02-05 trucks.

I hear so many good things about this, and definitely want to go with it, I'd just like some exact specifics on what is changed.
 

ScarabEpic22

Member
Nov 20, 2011
728
IslandRunner said:
I can deal with finicky, If they need a truck to use to get it right I could hang out for a day in Mooresville if they give me the tune for dirt cheap or free. I live about 2hrs away.

Doubtful, PCM4Less bought an 05 I6 to develop their 02-05 I6 tune with and got it perfected (except for this tire issue) so they sold it.

Its to the point that its not worth their time to hassle with it, and I dont blame them. Im messing with it today and again next week on my 02 I6 simply because my brother's driving it and its bugging me that the speedo's off. If I was driving it, I probably wouldnt worry about it and just use my phone for gps.
 

Regulator

Member
Nov 20, 2011
2,496
I permanently mounted my GPS directly in front of the speedometer. It takes care of the problems with the incorrect speed.

I love my tune and recommend it to everyone. I want to get my wife's Bravada tuned, unfortunately I am down the drive thru money in my wallet after buying Christmas presents for the kids.
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
Tofer76 said:
whats so off about the speedo?? mines pretty on i think and i have the 265 tires

A 33 inch tire puts the speedo off by 8 or 9 mph
 

Mark20

Member
Dec 6, 2011
1,630
I know this has been discussed at least on the OS. How hard is it to pull the PCM? I'm seriously considering it.

Also I'm planning on cleaning the TBI, will a tuned PCM have trouble relearning it?

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.
 

Mark20

Member
Dec 6, 2011
1,630
BUMP

On the way home from my Sister-in-law's on Christmas eve my daughter -- who is driving the Envoy while she's home from college -- was complaining about its lack of acceleration. So that does it, its going to get a tune.

Looks like GM used different PCSs in different locations. I want to make sure I'm looking at the right thing under the hood (2005 Envoy). Is the PCM at the top left of the engine near the alternator with three connectors/cables on it?

What should I request as options? Leaning to shift level 2 and deleting the torque management but there is always a chance I'll tow my trailer with it again, 4500 lbs. Otherwise the Envoy is stock including the tires/rims.
 

Blckshdw

Moderator
Nov 20, 2011
10,682
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Mark20 said:
BUMP

On the way home from my Sister-in-law's on Christmas eve my daughter -- who is driving the Envoy while she's home from college -- was complaining about its lack of acceleration. So that does it, its going to get a tune.

Looks like GM used different PCSs in different locations. I want to make sure I'm looking at the right thing under the hood (2005 Envoy). Is the PCM at the top left of the engine near the alternator with three connectors/cables on it?

What should I request as options? Leaning to shift level 2 and deleting the torque management but there is always a chance I'll tow my trailer with it again, 4500 lbs. Otherwise the Envoy is stock including the tires/rims.

Yes, that's it. As far as recommendations, you might want to talk to the folks at PCMforLess, and tell them what you plan to do with your truck, then they can advise you what could be a good fit. :twocents:
 

Boricua SS

Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
400Magnum said:
So, if I have the stock tires will my speedo be correct or not?

ok, nevermind my post.. i just read through the thread and looks like there are issues with the '02-'05's.. for my '07 the speedo stayed the same...
 

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
14,950
North Las Vegas
400Magnum said:
So, if I have the stock tires will my speedo be correct or not?

If you have stock tires, 29.5", the speedometer will read properly. If you had a 2006 or newer TV the speedometer can be adjusted in the PCM.
 

03envoy

Member
Dec 25, 2011
537
How can this be a positiver for towing what does it change? Shift point may help... but, what else?:confused:
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,328
Posts
637,955
Members
18,531
Latest member
jvest

Members Online