Howdy!

SEMIJim

Original poster
Member
Apr 13, 2013
116
Just wanted to stop in and say hello.

Hope to be picking up a new-to-me 2007 TrailBlazer LS 4x4 Monday.

(I'm being optimistic when I specify said vehicle in my profile :wink:.)

Jim
 

Ryda55555

Member
Apr 11, 2013
1,111
Welcome :smile:
You'll love your truck when you get it and you'll love the people and ideas you get from this forum
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
You've certainly chosen the right forum for long-term support. Welcome!

There have been a few discussions about pre-purchase and pre-acceptance inspections to make sure you don't get stuck with a lemon with deferred or ignored maintenance, dead 4WD systems, sneaky Check Engine Light problems, and so forth.

What have you done in terms of inspections and checking maintenance records?
 

dmanns67

Member
Apr 3, 2013
32,979
Ohio
Welcome to the Nation! I am sure you will have no complaints about the TB and the endless number of mods available.
 

SEMIJim

Original poster
Member
Apr 13, 2013
116
the roadie said:
You've certainly chosen the right forum for long-term support. Welcome!
Thanks!

the roadie said:
There have been a few discussions about pre-purchase and pre-acceptance inspections to make sure you don't get stuck with a lemon with deferred or ignored maintenance, dead 4WD systems, sneaky Check Engine Light problems, and so forth.

What have you done in terms of inspections and checking maintenance records?
Read up on the history of TrailBlazers to understand What Usually Goes Wrong with them. Took a pass on vehicles advertised by dealers with less then sterling reputations. Reviewed the CarFax report.

Dealer is providing a six month power train warranty.

The truck was a lease car for the first part of its life, then was purchased by the lessee. It's an '07 with 88k on it. The paint is flawless. There are some stains in the carpeting in the back seat area, but the interior is otherwise in very nice condition. The engine compartment was so squeaky clean you wouldn't hesitate to eat out of it. Vehicle, over-all, looks well cared-for. It started and drove well. No untoward noises--either driving or idling and listening under the hood. The CarFax report looks good. (No accidents reported.) The dealer addressed a bunch of stuff, incl. having the gauge cluster rebuilt, already. I've emailed the salesman about the '07 driver's side switch PCB recall, to make sure they've already done that.

I tested everything except the rear window defogger (no fogging/frost with which to test it) and 4WD Low (I could not recall the procedure). Everything worked, except...

The wind-shield squirters didn't work, the radio appeared to have five bad speakers out of six (my guess is the radio has lost it--I've posted elsewhere about that), and the latch for the center console is busted. My wife noticed the Chevy badge in the center of the steering wheel was dented-up a bit, so they've going to check to make certain there's still an honest-to-God functional airbag in there.

I already gave them an "earnest money deposit," predicated on them addressing the issues we noted.

Jim
 

MAY03LT

Member
Nov 18, 2011
3,422
Delmarva
SEMIJim said:
My wife noticed the Chevy badge in the center of the steering wheel was dented-up a bit, so they've going to check to make certain there's still an honest-to-God functional airbag in there.

I've seen more then a few of the newer ones (like the one your looking at) dented in. I think people push the badge for using the horn.

Also, welcome to the site. This is the place to be for owners of these trucks.:yes:
 

DDonnie

Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631
SEMIJim said:
Thanks!


Read up on the history of TrailBlazers to understand What Usually Goes Wrong with them. Took a pass on vehicles advertised by dealers with less then sterling reputations. Reviewed the CarFax report.

Dealer is providing a six month power train warranty.

The truck was a lease car for the first part of its life, then was purchased by the lessee. It's an '07 with 88k on it. The paint is flawless. There are some stains in the carpeting in the back seat area, but the interior is otherwise in very nice condition. The engine compartment was so squeaky clean you wouldn't hesitate to eat out of it. Vehicle, over-all, looks well cared-for. It started and drove well. No untoward noises--either driving or idling and listening under the hood. The CarFax report looks good. (No accidents reported.) The dealer addressed a bunch of stuff, incl. having the gauge cluster rebuilt, already. I've emailed the salesman about the '07 driver's side switch PCB recall, to make sure they've already done that.

I tested everything except the rear window defogger (no fogging/frost with which to test it) and 4WD Low (I could not recall the procedure). Everything worked, except...

The wind-shield squirters didn't work, the radio appeared to have five bad speakers out of six (my guess is the radio has lost it--I've posted elsewhere about that), and the latch for the center console is busted. My wife noticed the Chevy badge in the center of the steering wheel was dented-up a bit, so they've going to check to make certain there's still an honest-to-God functional airbag in there.

I already gave them an "earnest money deposit," predicated on them addressing the issues we noted.

Jim

If i can find it, i have an extra latch you can have for cost of shipping. Otherwise they are like 12 bucks on ebay.
 

SEMIJim

Original poster
Member
Apr 13, 2013
116
DDonnie said:
If i can find it, i have an extra latch you can have for cost of shipping. Otherwise they are like 12 bucks on ebay.
Thanks, very much, for the offer :thumbsup: and the info, but the dealer said they'd fix it, so I'm going to let them fix it.

Jim
 

Boricua SS

Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
welcome :tiphat:
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
Welcome to GMTNation... the perfect site for your new ride, lots of great people here :thumbsup:

pics when you get it...
 

Mark20

Member
Dec 6, 2011
1,630
Welcome to the Nation!
 

SEMIJim

Original poster
Member
Apr 13, 2013
116
Wooluf1952 said:
Thanks! And thanks to all the other wecomers :smile:

Wooluf1952 said:
Yeah, I read about it. It was in a PM sent to me upon successful sign-up.

I'd been kind of wondering why traffic seemed so low, for such popular brands, over at the OS. Then, late yesterday, lazily poking-around in other sub-forums over there, I ran across a reference to GMTN. Now I understand.

It's always unfortunate when a community splits like that :sadcry:. Oft-times you end-up with two (or more) smaller communities, and they, in their aggregate, don't serve as well as the one "original" site once did. My wife and I are sailors. (Well, maybe soon to be ex-sailors--if there even is such a thing, but that's another story.) I watched the exact same thing happen to a sailing-related site, several years ago. For many of the same reasons, looks like.

And, Denali n DOO, here's a picture of the truck that I hope to get tomorrow, now (fsvo "now"):

Silver_2007_TrailBlazer_LS.jpg


I'm already thinking it could use wheels and factory fog lights :biggrin:. The family CFO (aka: SWMBO, aka: "The Admiral", aka: My beautiful and loving wife) says "Don't be getting any ideas. The truck's fine just as it is."

Jim
 

dmanns67

Member
Apr 3, 2013
32,979
Ohio
I hear that from the wife all the time. Five years later, the TB looks quite different! Most mods she does not even notice on the truck, only the bank account lol.
 

Robbabob

Member
Dec 10, 2012
1,096
SEMIJim said:
I'd been kind of wondering why traffic seemed so low, for such popular brands, over at the OS. Then, late yesterday, lazily poking-around in other sub-forums over there, I ran across a reference to GMTN. Now I understand.

Same way I got here! Once I joined here and posted before my purchase, I received 10X the support then OS.

Welcome to the Nation!

After we purchased and I receive invaluable tips and support, I became a paid member; proudly. :thumbsup:
 

TexazReece

Member
Dec 4, 2011
1,341
Welcome over my friend. Stay positive and you will get it:thumbsup: Make sure you post pics of your truck.......nevermind about pics lol
 

jrSS

Member
Dec 4, 2011
3,950
I told my wife that I wasnt gonna mod mine. Not only did I mod the shit outta my envoy I used to have ....i traded that in for an SS and its getting modded too. When this engine/tranny blow up gonna get a built ls2 with a built 4l70. Good luck to no modding. Lol.
 

Porkins

Member
Dec 5, 2011
6,960
Welcome to the Nation! Hope everything works out for you tomorrow.
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
Welcome.
 

SEMIJim

Original poster
Member
Apr 13, 2013
116
Well, we're now a Two-TrailBlazer family :smile:

Two_TrailBlazers.JPG


Report from our mechanic: "Looks really clean. You don't often seem them that clean. It's tight." "We did well," I asked? "You did very well," he replied.

He cited two issues he felt should be addressed under the dealership's 3-month/3000-mile power train warranty: The transmission coupling hoses are badly rusted and should be replaced (he says this is a common problem with TrailBlazers and some other GM vehicles--I think we paid him to replace them on my wife's TrailBlazer) and the front pinion seal is leaking.

Thanks for the warm welcome :smile:

Jim
 

DDonnie

Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631
SEMIJim said:
Well, we're now a Two-TrailBlazer family :smile:

Two_TrailBlazers.JPG


Report from our mechanic: "Looks really clean. You don't often seem them that clean. It's tight." "We did well," I asked? "You did very well," he replied.

He cited two issues he felt should be addressed under the dealership's 3-month/3000-mile power train warranty: The transmission coupling hoses are badly rusted and should be replaced (he says this is a common problem with TrailBlazers and some other GM vehicles--I think we paid him to replace them on my wife's TrailBlazer) and the front pinion seal is leaking.

Thanks for the warm welcome :smile:

Jim

Congrats man! What's the first mod?
 

SEMIJim

Original poster
Member
Apr 13, 2013
116
DDonnie said:
Congrats man! What's the first mod?
I know it may sound like blasphemy, here, but I don't have any mods planned for the near future.

I would like to eventually add factory fog lights, but I looked up what it took. Now I'm not so sure.

Jim
 

DDonnie

Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631
SEMIJim said:
I know it may sound like blasphemy, here, but I don't have any mods planned for the near future.

I would like to eventually add factory fog lights, but I looked up what it took. Now I'm not so sure.

Jim

Aw come on now, you gotta at least kick the can!
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,400
Posts
638,838
Members
18,614
Latest member
dakis

Members Online