How we forget !!!!

Sierra Alpha Alpha bravo

Original poster
Mar 18, 2015
Just replace front and rear sway bar end links and swaybar bushings made my 2005 saab 9-7X Drive like new again.$200 in parts two,hours in labor (level 2 repair)and this car is just making me smile,tight as a drum.I would highly recommend anybody who has never replace these parts get under and inspect them see what kind of condition their in it takes two minutes to do and you probably be surprised what they look like,mine were worn out ...makes you feel like you're in a new car

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
Still need to get around to doing the front ones, the rears took WAY longer then they should have due to the crappy design of the stock parts.

edit: I have the parts just haven't had the will (wanted to get the radio all installed) to do the fronts yet, I need to, the rears where just the main source of the clanking noise so I replaced them first.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Having ran with both swaybars, no swaybars, front only, and rear only. The front does 90% of the work, so if you are on budget, start up front. I do not even have a rear bar on at this point and it feels solid as can be.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
i haven't had sway bars hooked up since my engine swap. with the mark lift i had a lot of body roll, not much at all with radflos

Sierra Alpha Alpha bravo

Original poster
Mar 18, 2015
I thought the front were going to be harder than the rear ones BUT the front ones went in in minutes the rear were a pain in the ass!!!

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
Sierra Alpha Alpha bravo said:
I thought the front were going to be harder than the rear ones BUT the front ones went in in minutes the rear were a pain in the ass!!!
I did the rears by just backing it up on ramps, would you say the fronts can be done in the same fashion?

Sierra Alpha Alpha bravo

Original poster
Mar 18, 2015
Yeah I just put it on ramps Took about 10 minutes aside sprayed them with some PB blaster,I use a socket with an Allen key head and an 18 mm wrench to remove the front sway bar end links ,the front end links have much beefier hardware than the rear and there was plenty a room to get a large ratchet drive in there. I did the swaybar bushing the same time those are really easy 2 bolts each side $20 in parts took another five minutes, made a world of difference. Good luck!!!

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
Yeah I just put it on ramps Took about 10 minutes aside sprayed them with some PB blaster,I use a socket with an Allen key head and an 18 mm wrench to remove the front sway bar end links ,the front end links have much beefier hardware than the rear and there was plenty a room to get a large ratchet drive in there. I did the swaybar bushing the same time those are really easy 2 bolts each side $20 in parts took another five minutes, made a world of difference. Good luck!!!
Got in there and did it today, using just hand tools, No PB blaster, start to finish, replacing both front sway bar end links and dropping ang greasing the bushings (because I didn't think to grease them when I put them in a month or so ago) took me 1 hour 40 minutes, which was less time then I spent doing even 1 of the rears, Much easier. the factory driver side end link was totally shot, lots of play on the bar end.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Just replace front and rear sway bar end links and swaybar bushings made my 2005 saab 9-7X Drive like new again.$200 in parts two,hours in labor (level 2 repair)and this car is just making me smile,tight as a drum.I would highly recommend anybody who has never replace these parts get under and inspect them see what kind of condition their in it takes two minutes to do and you probably be surprised what they look like,mine were worn out ...makes you feel like you're in a new car p.s no more squeaks or rattles

Sierra Alpha Alpha bravo
Thanks for the info...whose bushings did you use?...Mike.

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
Just replace front and rear sway bar end links and swaybar bushings made my 2005 saab 9-7X Drive like new again.$200 in parts two,hours in labor (level 2 repair)and this car is just making me smile,tight as a drum.I would highly recommend anybody who has never replace these parts get under and inspect them see what kind of condition their in it takes two minutes to do and you probably be surprised what they look like,mine were worn out ...makes you feel like you're in a new car p.s no more squeaks or rattles

Sierra Alpha Alpha bravo
Good post. What mileage are you at? Im hearing a little clunk and these are on my suspect list to check...

Sierra Alpha Alpha bravo

Original poster
Mar 18, 2015
Used Maxx links I don't know if they are worth the money or not yet need to take them for a real ride and revisit it in a year so see how they're holding up ,mileage on the truck is right around 90 K made a huge difference I think there's probably a lot of people out there who and just slowly let the truck deteriorate and just because they drive it every day they don't realize what they're missing so hopefully a bunch of people get out there get the work done and win their trucks back :smile:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online