How To Use Search Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultra...good

Original poster
May 26, 2024
NE Wisconsin
I am having an issue searching for what to disconnect to remove PCM to ship in to pcm of nc for a tune.

I understand the three harnesses and four nuts to remove, but what about electric? I know pulling the battery cable is bad for climate related issues, is there some fuses to pull instead?

Back to the search function, I tried multiple ways to search for this. PCM, pcm, power cont.. ..., powercontr...., inside and outside quotes. PCM is excluded as too short or common or something. Power, control, module, fuses get a lot of hits, even in combinations of the mentioned, but nothing that helps.

Is there a better way to use the search admission.

I due be a college graduate, with honors. But the degree is probably not valid as I forged my GED records for addmission. In my defense, I 'got' my GED from the same UW college as my bachelor's.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
The Old Joke about the Man in The Alps asking for directions and being told, "You Can't Get THERE ...from HERE..." has a grain of truth in it when trying to remove the PCM FIRST to send away...before completely disconnecting it from the Battery Power Source:

(1) Disconnect the Battery at the Ground Terminal.
(2) Unbolt the Three External PCM Connectors using a 7mm Box End Wrench.
(3) Unbolt the PCM from the Brass Mounting Brackets on the outside of the Intake Manifold.

As for the search perhaps becoming like "Trying to Find a Needle ...in a Haystack" ...The Best approach is often to .. Just use a familiar Google Search... even before coming to www.gmtnation.com.

For example... input these Search Strings into either Google (or perhaps DuckDuckGo) like the ones shown below and see what comes up on the URL List.... Replies like these should appear:

gmtnation pcm

gmtnation pcm connectors

Last edited:

ultra...good

Original poster
May 26, 2024
NE Wisconsin
Thank you for the help. Never thought to try gmtnation in the search, but it brought the same results.

So if I do remove PCM, just disconnect battery and hope for best with hvac gears resetting?

I am doing the research now, but what I want to accomplish with pcm removal is a converter that is locked or not and a throttle that is as consistent as a cable was.

I am looking towards pcmofnc.com for their tune. I am OK with the way it shifts. Mileage is 20.6 and I am good with the power available. For now though I am going to get a veepak obd and torque app. Just slightly browsing what you guys are doing here has really caught my interest. More research and see what's going on with obd2 soon to happen. Thank you, again.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So if I do remove PCM, just disconnect battery and hope for best with hvac gears resetting?
It's not so much about them resetting because they will due to the disconnected battery. The problem happens when they do the relearn and do the full sweep, the gears might break because of their age. It doesn't really matter because if it fails at this time, they were destined to fail eventually so might as well find out now rather than later when you really need them.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
...and if it comes down to having to do that job...For reference, this is an Excellent On - Topic Thread... especially Post #52:

Reactions: ultra...good

ultra...good

Original poster
May 26, 2024
NE Wisconsin
Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Changed oil today, for the third time. When I bought the Envoy the oil was there. Q/S quick lube sticker so faded, could not read mileage but it did not say syn. So I picked up 2 changes of Dino Q/S to dump at 3000. Both times the oil looked good until 2500 and then it was getting dark.

Today it was (usa) fool synthetic 5w30 and a wix. What a difference. Motor is quieter, kind of. 2.5 mpg increase over 40 miles. Way, way smoother.

The smoother and kind of quieter for sure. Now I really need a new exhaust. The motor rattles are not there anymore. Was better after the 40 miles. Would have just gone full syn from the start had I known.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Getting off topic and question was answered so this thread is now:lock_it:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zee0719