How not to mod your truck for water crossings...

fishsticks

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
[video=youtube;YwSFmztPqX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwSFmztPqX4&list=UUJtJM6Uhjh-nvixOOFjYI6w&feature=plcp[/video]

Watch his other "offroading" videos. If I catch any of you doing that stuff out there I'll make sure you're banned from ORTB. :smiley_kill:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Seeing that again is just unbelievable. I swear that guy has too much money to spend on toys and break them.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I want to install that in my SS just so I can listen to it sucking air at WOT. :rotfl:

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
What a nut! [video=youtube;aHwDG0QmVRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHwDG0QmVRA&feature=autoplay&list=ULAQuM0YPdHRU&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=1[/video]

His "Home Depot" intake works though! :2thumbsup: Gotta love his interior.

fishsticks

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Kyle (hardtrailz) has a pic of himself going through water just as deep if not deeper.... with a stock intake. This guy just doesn't know anything but the skinny pedal. I'm sure his "Vipers" are in great condition too.

No PVC needed. :biggrin:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
I want to install that in my SS just so I can listen to it sucking air at WOT. :rotfl:

Wouldn't that completely suck all the air out of our cabins? :rotfl: There'd be nothing left for us! :biggrin:

fishsticks

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
harmless said:
Wouldn't that completely suck all the air out of our cabins? :rotfl: There'd be nothing left for us! :biggrin:

The oxygen deprivation may momentarily convince you that wheeling harmless is a good idea... :yes:

Think of the possibilities! :biggrin:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
fishsticks said:
The oxygen deprivation may momentarily convince you that wheeling harmless is a good idea... :yes:

Think of the possibilities! :biggrin:

And here I thought you guys already thought I suffered from enough "oxygen deprivation"... :rotfl:

You know, if he pumped the exhaust into the cabin like he did the air intake and added a few 12v fans blowing towards the intakes, he could probably build himself a turbo in the cargo area!! :cool:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Holy crap. That is disgusting.

But the ARMOR, he will be set

The video where he actually killed the hemi is way less than I have been in many times.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah, that looks great. What happens when he closes the windows :dunce:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
harmless said:

In the comments he talks about how he has to leave the sun roof open or the truck dies on him. Can you imagine how it must have been in that cabin when he actually stalled out the truck?

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Regulator said:
In the comments he talks about how he has to leave the sun roof open or the truck dies on him. Can you imagine how it must have been in that cabin when he actually stalled out the truck?

I musta missed that part while I was laughing so hard!

I can see him stumbling out, gasping for air, a few more brain cells short of a full load... :rotfl:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
harmless said:
I musta missed that part while I was laughing so hard!

I can see him stumbling out, gasping for air, a few more brain cells short of a full load... :rotfl:

I am pretty sure I saw it in the comments to the video. There were a LOT of people trashing him in the comments. Some of his other video's are pretty amusing as well. I loved the one where he got stuck in the mud puddle, I was laughing my a$$ off when he slipped and went face first in the mud!

fishsticks

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Regulator said:
I am pretty sure I saw it in the comments to the video. There were a LOT of people trashing him in the comments. Some of his other video's are pretty amusing as well. I loved the one where he got stuck in the mud puddle, I was laughing my a$$ off when he slipped and went face first in the mud!

I commented one of his videos....can you find my comments? :biggrin:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
fishsticks said:
I commented one of his videos....can you find my comments? :biggrin:

Of course, but to be fair I also saw this video originally after you shared it on Facebook.

fishsticks

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Regulator said:
Of course, but to be fair I also saw this video originally after you shared it on Facebook.

Doh. Owned by the Youtube FB plugin....

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
I feel bad for that Jeep, and Im not a Jeep fan at all.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I talked with MDB Fab and we think we can make somethign similar and use some double layer plywood to armor this AWESOME setup. Group buy??????

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
HARDTRAILZ said:
I talked with MDB Fab and we think we can make somethign similar and use some double layer plywood to armor this AWESOME setup. Group buy??????

:rotfl:

fishsticks

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

Make sure it's 3/4".... don't use that 1/2" garbage... :biggrin:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Someone should point out that he doesn't need the K&N's inside the cabin. He just needs to make sure he has a good cabin air filter! :thumbsup:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Regulator said:
Someone should point out that he doesn't need the K&N's inside the cabin. He just needs to make sure he has a good cabin air filter! :thumbsup:

Redundancy my friend, redundancy! Don't need the truck sucking up more stupid than it probably already is! :rotfl:

mwking

Dec 7, 2011
I can't believe that anybody would put that much effort into messing up their own truck. If he thinks a snorkle kit on the outside looks ugly, all that pvc pipe coming up into the cabin is a lot worse. I wonder how well he has sealed the holes in the floor or if the water splashes in on those water crossings. His rockers may be armoured, but he could still damage one of those pipes under the truck and trash another motor in the water.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online