Home Weather Stations

McGMT

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Was hoping some of youns have a home weather station. I am looking for a good one for my father for x-mas. He has always had a cheapo plastic rain gauge outside and such and I really wanted to get him something nice with alot of info. The one I have been looking at is at this link -----> http://www.walmart.com/ip/La-Crosse...olar-Wind-Sensor/17378768?findingMethod=rr#rr

What I was wanting was temp, rain, wind, baro, humidity. I am trying to get a good one with a wireless display so I can stick it on his table by his chair in the living room. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
There is always this one, but it needs to be by the living room window :rotfl:

images

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I just have a NOAA weather radio, you can hit a button and it "tells" you what the current weather is, plus when bad weather is around an alarm loud enough to wake the dead sounds off. I found this to be the best weather station radio for my household.

I also carry a handheld one for spotting(used to, it broke), on top of my ham radio lol

A bit overkill....but not for what I do during the storm season.

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
I am a spotter and have 2 good apps on my smartphone. They are Pro Weather Alert and Radar Alive! Pro. They are for Android phones.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online