HiD INSTALL help ?

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Alright since my front bumper is going to be replaced in the next month i decoded to hold off on hid install for the fogs until the new bumper is put on.

Im ready to do the low beams, mind you i did the hi4 mod under the dash so when highs light up with lows. So it looks like im going to need to kill my Drls. I thought i could just unplug the fuse to drls but i want to do it right. Im going to order the good kit from that VV** site today. I want to start the drl kill today (today is my day off). I did a search for drl kill, drl cap with no such results on here. Can someone link me to it or let me know what i need to do ? Other question is 6000K is pure white with a slight bluish hue ? I dont want ricer lights lol

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Lancematic DRL killer - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

As much as I dont like linking to trailvoy this is the first link that comes up. This is the way I went and did the quad beams the same way.

6000k does have a slight blueish tint, its the same kelvin rating I currently have. I would consider 4500k next time around though, they seemed to lose some brightness when I installed the projector head lights.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
blazinlow89 said:
Lancematic DRL killer - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

As much as I dont like linking to trailvoy this is the first link that comes up. This is the way I went and did the quad beams the same way.

6000k does have a slight blueish tint, its the same kelvin rating I currently have. I would consider 4500k next time around though, they seemed to lose some brightness when I installed the projector head lights.

I must be stupid i don't quiet understand that schematic on trailvoy ?

Duh few pages found pictorial
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=53080&page=3
Looks dangerous. Any other way of just eliminating the DRLs all together ? That way I just need to install the relay with the hid kit ? I'm not a huge fan of splicing its all about cutting and soldering:thumbup:

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Made the purchase for the fogs. Ordered the Xentec 6000k kit 880 bulbs for $32 shipped here in California hopefully they'll be here Thursday or Friday :cool::biggrin::thumbup:
I bet they'll be brighter than my 100w rally high beams:biggrin:

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
seanpooh said:
There is a plug and play module I use on my Envoy and works great. During the day the low beams come on when I go in Drive or Reverse and comes off in Park. When it turns dark, it comes and and no flickering at all. Here's a link:

9006 PLUG N' PLAY IN-LINE HID/DRL MODULE | 1 EACH

Do I need two ?

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
Nope, just one because if you bought the harness relay for the HIDs, you only use one headlight factory connection to fire the lights up via signal. And the high beams doesn't need any since DRL doesn't affect it.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Thanks I'm going to buy the cable right now. Hope this will mate fine with the WWVM 35w hid kit

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
You can also get a hold of tblazed. He makes and sells DRL killers. I have one, it was simple to install and works like a charm.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
xOgrex said:
Not to hijack this thread but I have a quick question: did you install just a projector or buy an aftermarket projector headlight housing (and if so, do you have a link)?

This style

02 03 04 05 06 09 Chevy Trailblazer 2X CCFL Halo LED Projector Headlights | eBay

I have had them since March with no issues other than a bad resistor on the turns. They sent me a new one and by accident a new set of inverters for the halo's.

Boricua SS said:
heres some more info on the DRL Killer.. pretty much the same as the OS, but he breaks it down pretty simple for anyone to do this..

http://gmtnation.com/f33/daytime-running-lamps-killer-help-2511/

Thats the description I was really looking for, not sure if any one has done a write up for gmt yet with pics.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
blazinlow89 said:
This style

02 03 04 05 06 09 Chevy Trailblazer 2X CCFL Halo LED Projector Headlights | eBay

I have had them since March with no issues other than a bad resistor on the turns. They sent me a new one and by accident a new set of inverters for the halo's.

Thats the description I was really looking for, not sure if any one has done a write up for gmt yet with pics.

Those headlights look sick but i bet the output for light isn't as good as stock. Also didn't know tblaze was on gmtn :rolleyes:

xOgrex

Sep 17, 2012
blazinlow89 said:
This style

OK, now I have more questions. I've been looking at (basically) those assemblies, but trying to figure out if they come with HID ballasts/bulbs or if it's just a empty housing? And how do the halos work? Do they take the place of DRL's? And are they just bolt on plug and play or did you have to make modifications to the wiring harness? Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if it's easier.

Thanks!

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Any info about the headlights should be posted in the open for any person who may have the question later.

I have seen them with the HID setup and without. I ordered my HID kits from a dealer on Amazon as the price was way cheaper than the headlights+HID on ebay. The halos can be hooked up however you want them to be, you could run a switch, direct to the turn signals, DRL etc. I ran mine to the running lights so they would come on when I start the truck, they basically take the place of my DRL. They have 2 wires POS & NEG. I wired them to a relay and had the relay tied into the running lights. From time to time one of the halo's may not come on all the way like when I disarm the truck they lights flash on and off, but within the time it takes me to walk to the drivers side door they are all on. All of the lights are plug and play, the only real wiring I did was run the power to the relay.

I have no complaints about the light output, my issue is with the cutoff instead of being a straight __ __ cutoff they are more __/ __/. Which tends to throw alot of light at on coming cars. There was a guy on the OS that had modified the metal that is the cutoff inside of the projector lens itself, from what I remember he had them pretty straight using a razor blade. When I get some good free time I may pull them back off and play with this.

Attachments

• HID no projector.jpg
    HID no projector.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 15
  • HID projector.jpg
    HID projector.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 16

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Ghost said:
Also didn't know tblaze was on gmtn :rolleyes:

He's here, just not super active.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
<------ is super excited!! Hids will be here today :biggrin::tongue::rolleyes::cool::thumbup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54

Members Online