HID FAQ Guide

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Only other thing I can think of, cuz I've seen this happen with pigtails from Amazon/Ebay, is if TRS installed the connectors backwards, so the headlight signal is passing through the "ground" side of the capacitor link, and it's never getting to the capacitor.

You can try flipping the connectors around on both ends of the capacitor link to test it. The tabs won't lock, but that's OK for testing functionality.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I think I may have had it installed backwards. I'll be going back out there to verify everything tomorrow when I reinstall it. I think I may have had the capacitor backwards, or at the very least connected wrong. This is how it's wired up now (it's not a pretty picture I know). I'm almost positive everything is in place where it should be.

Attachments

• 20231022_203903.jpg
    20231022_203903.jpg
    875 KB · Views: 3

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
That looks correct from my PoV. And we know the signal from the headlight is getting to the correct connection in the relay harness because it powers on. It looks like everything is red to red, and black to black, so I'm not thinking it's a polarity issue. Could be a bad capacitor.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
That's what I figured, I kept looking at it like...ok I know everything is connected as it should be.

I was thinking of ordering this capacitor and another relay harness to swap out and see if that helps me narrow down what the issue could be.

Since the capacitor comes as a double pack, I take it this would just plug similarily to the driver side pretty much?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Your relay harness is fine, and doing what it's supposed to. And yes, the capacitor would replace the TRS one in the same manner. :thumbsup:

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Great! Thanks @Blckshdw I'm excited to getthe ball rolling on modding these headlights soon, so I'm hoping the jump to HIDs are worth it. I've got the new capacitors ordered, so I'll get them sometime this week to give it another test run.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online