hid & daytime running lights

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Hey guys I just got a set of hid's from a local performance shop near me, guy said that in order to use hid's that I would have to disconnect my daytime running lights, is this true? And if it is can some one tell me what I need to do?

jham

Nov 20, 2011
c bausch said:
Hey guys I just got a set of hid's from a local performance shop near me, guy said that in order to use hid's that I would have to disconnect my daytime running lights, is this true? And if it is can some one tell me what I need to do?

Well its kind of true if you run hid light with the drl they only get 70% power so the bulbs will not last long. There's a couple ways to disable the drl's just search here for drl killer

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Yeah you need to either disable your DRL's because those are HID's killers or you can do a capacitor mod which will have the DRL's run at 100% power vs the 70% power it does now. HID's only run at 0% or 100% power. anything else will kill them.

Also how much is that shop charging you and are you getting a slim ballast or regular one and are you getting a relay harness?

I mean if you want you can do DDMtuning.com which many of us do and they are great with no problems and lifetime there lights and kits or VVME which is a 1 year warranty and they give you great quality also. I mean if they are charging you a couple hundreds those two sites can save you quite a bit $$$

edit: never mind you said you already got them lol missed that part

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yea like everyone else said... keeping DRL's without the "cap mod" will result in frying your ballasts...

so yes you either need a DRL killer or do the cap mod... and definetly need a relay...

c bausch said:

send a PM to Tblazed: Send him the 41 bucks for the DRL killer, and follow the directions that come with the package. It will take you all of 15 minutes to do the mod and then you are good to go with your HID's. It retains the auto on feature as well.

I have mine done and I am 100% satisfied with the product.

Steve

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
I just seen one way, I didn't really get it, what would be the easiest way?

I bought a regular kit 35w can or canvas ballist its a standard kit $125 for the different ballist's

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online