Hesitation at full throttle, sometimes partial.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
What about the fuel pressure?

Reactions: mrrsm and Redbeard

deerslayer1985

Original poster
Feb 26, 2015
Thats something I havent checked. I had the extended warranty coverage fixed last year where they put a new gas tank on it. Along with the tank they put a new pump, and filter. Its been just about a year since it was fixed. Is there a valve to check fuel pressure right in the engine bay?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No. It's under the truck near the fuel filter.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Using this inexpensive FPG Kit from Harbor Freight will help and won't void your existing extended service warranty...

harborfrightfpg.jpg

...after pulling this protective Black Plastic Cap, cover the Schrader Valve with a cloth and bleed off the internal pressure by depressing it first (...be careful not to get any gasoline sprayed into your face and eyes here). Then hand snug the correct hose-adapter with the gauge and start the engine to capture the dynamic fuel pump pressure. It should be viewable with the gauge propped up on something just aft of and underneath the driver's side door frame rail:

FUELPRESSURETAKEOFF.png

Last edited:

deerslayer1985

Original poster
Feb 26, 2015
Well I decided to check all things that could be bad causing this....I pulled the spark plugs, and they were all trash......I had iridiums acdelcos in there.....It completely burnt the fine wire off of all of them......I'm guessing where I drove it so long with it missing randomly when the actuator was bad......I replaced those, and went ahead, and put a new fuel filter on, cleaned the throttle body again, new air filter......It is running great now....I have been driving it for a couple weeks, and it hasnt missed once......So I think it all started with the actuator going bad, and it just ruined the plugs where I drove it so long randomly missing......Thanks for all of the help guys I appreciate it....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online