Here's my Theory on the new tires i'm planning on getting :)

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Finally it's time again to get my new tires! Though my current 265/65/17's Toyo Open Country did me good the past 1.5 years and a good 90K-100K on them I was regretting the size and the thread wasn't aggressive enough :raspberry:

I still don't wanna go with spacers for the new tires so i'm gonna stick to the biggest size I can with my Lift and 25+ offset wheels! I got american trench with 5.48 backspacing if i'm not mistaken!

I was initially planning on going with 265/70/17 but would need to do some trimming since i'm above 5 in backspacing which means there's gonna be some rubbing and especially on a full lock turn in reverse. (yup did my homework lol)

I'm now considering going with a middle solution between what I have now and the above which is 275/65/17 putting me at a good 31.07 or 255/70/17 at 31.05. Those are sweet and size is pretty good actually. With my 2.5 lift and wheel offset I should be able to get away with it!

Last but not least the brands i'm looking at are Wrangler DuraTrac or Cooper Zeon LTZ. Not sure on how the cooper's withstand the heats we got here in Saudi though so would need to do some more investigation. :yes:

So...... is my Theory correct or would I still need to do some trimming?:redface:

or I could just go with this LOL!

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?p=987585

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
stormsurge said:
My 265/70/17's hit. Had to remove around a 1/2 inch in the front.

I figured the same thanks for confirming that. I'm gonna test fit the 31.07 size tires this weekend and hopefully go ma work out without a problem :wink:

amweaver47

May 15, 2012
I have 265/70 R17 Wrangler Duratracs on my 2004 TrailBlazer and I really like them so far. These tires measure just under 32" if I remember correctly. I had to trim about 1/2 inch off the bottom inner edge of the bumper where it isn't really even visible. I also adjusted how the inner fenders mounted at the front which gained me an inch or inch and a half. It was a really easy task if you have the correct tools. If you want to see how these tires look on my truck, go ahead and look at the picture in my profile.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
amweaver47 said:
I have 265/70 R17 Wrangler Duratracs on my 2004 TrailBlazer and I really like them so far. These tires measure just under 32" if I remember correctly. I had to trim about 1/2 inch off the bottom inner edge of the bumper where it isn't really even visible. I also adjusted how the inner fenders mounted at the front which gained me an inch or inch and a half. It was a really easy task if you have the correct tools. If you want to see how these tires look on my truck, go ahead and look at the picture in my profile.

thanks for the input I took a look and they look great and your setup is on stock rims. I wonder if I would still need the same amount of trimming with my aftermarket rims with the 25+ offset and 5.48 backspacing.

After going down to the market yesterday I think i'm set for for 275/65/17's. Maybe when start fitting will change my mind though :tongue:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online