Help with New Audio Build

YOUNG

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
i'm looking at possibly running two of these

Audio Savings | RE Audio SEX10D4 SEX 10" 1200 Watt Peak 600 Watt RMS Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer SEX10

on one of these amps, not sure which one yet.

Audio Savings | Hifonics HFI1500D HFI Series 1500 Watt RMS Class "D" Mono Block Amplifier Car Am

Power Acoustik GT1-3500D 3500W Max Monoblock Gothic Series Car Amp

itll all be wired down at 1ohm and the power acoustik will give me more power, but hifonics is very trusted brand.,

any input is appreciated, just wondering if anyone has experience with any of these. :undecided:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
I`ve never heard of RE audio before, so I can`t really comment on their stuff... but I`ve been running HiFonics amps in my various rides for years - and I`d be more than willing to do it again... simply put, they make good stuff. YMMV tho...

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I would stay away from the Power Acoustik and step the subs up to 12's

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
To keep it simple. Hifonics is the better amp and re can take a pretty good beating. Should be a nice set up

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yea RE's thump hard!!... heard a couple vehicles with 12's in them.. very impressed with RE...

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
RE is a contender for the woofers I'll be using in my next build. Good stuff.:yes:

I'm with these guys, between the two I'd go with the Hifonics.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I never head of RE brand. Word of advice, your running two subs at 1200w rms together and a 1500w amp to me (idk about others) would not be a good idea to run. It will over power the subs and if you hit them hard it will blow the subs. I would say a 1000w amp or step up the watts on the subs and get two 12s. Just me :twocents:

Gump2773

Feb 21, 2012
As some know, Im running the 2 12" SeXD4's in a 4 cubic ft box L ported to 33hz. Im running these off a Hifonics BRZ 1200.1 and I truly feel they can take more wattage. (800 to each perhaps)
These things hit hard. Im not a pro by any means but my advice would be to for sure sound proof your lid if your looking at higher watts. I alpha damped my entire lid and it made the world of difference in sound. Im still in the process of doing the rest of the vehicle. And try not to skimp much on the wiring.

YOUNG

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
i already have a box for two 10s. and 4 guage wiring already wired up. if im running say 1200w subs with a 1500w amp

the subs would get about 750 a piece, which is more than the rms rating but i feel like they would handle it fine.
they max out at 1200 a piece so they would more than likely be able to handle each one of the amps.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
YOUNG said:
i already have a box for two 10s. and 4 guage wiring already wired up. if im running say 1200w subs with a 1500w amp

the subs would get about 750 a piece, which is more than the rms rating but i feel like they would handle it fine.
they max out at 1200 a piece so they would more than likely be able to handle each one of the amps.

never run off the peak power, always rms. Just do not blast them and you should be fine but to get a amp more power then the sub is very risky to me. Look into some alpine or kenwood amps, they are solid brands! The way I see it, spend a bit more for a well known brand and have them last you 2x longer! Many people I talk to that start at cheaper brands they regret it. me myself I wish I would have spend more on a HU rather then go the cheap route because I could have got soo much more you know

Good luck man :thumbsup:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
YOUNG said:
if im running say 1200w subs with a 1500w amp the subs would get about 750 a piece, which is more than the rms rating but i feel like they would handle it fine. they max out at 1200 a piece so they would more than likely be able to handle each one of the amps.

Sounds good, just be careful with the decks bass setting and the amps boost setting so the woofers aren't at risk of getting cooked.

YOUNG

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
thats the thing im pretty sure my deck is putting out 4v to the amp.
so i used to not move my bass on my deck above 0 but i still managed to fry some efx 10s.. but they were cheap anyways and too over powered.

im thinking if i keep the gain down some, and the bass controller down some too, they should be fine. :undecided:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online